Kill Zones

Black Knight

If you aren't sure which to get, I have to say the Imperialis stuff is AMAZING. The Mechanicus stuff is good for sure, but the Imperialis stuff is on a whole new level. It's a lot easier to build and customize, and it is better in terms of modularity. I was able to build all the pieces from the Kill Team box set to be multiple single storey buildings (which is great for KT) or stacked up for one big ruin if I'm playing 40k.

Assuming these come back at some point, apart form the boards and the cheaper way to get the terrain sets, do they come with additional rules specific to the Kill Zone?  And, if so, do they add anything to the game that makes them essential?

I've got ideas for my own Kill Zone boards & terrain, and would probably write a D6 terrain generator specific to each, so I'm not sure if I'd get any additional value outside of having the terrain sets cheaper.

The kill zone rules aren't by any means essential, but they do provide some variety.

Hopefully GW will compile new rules (i.e., anything not in the core set or the expansions, including new factions presented in White Dwarf Magazine, etc.) into an expansion rulebook. If the kill zone terrain (the boards aren't absolutely necessary) remains/becomes available separately, simply having the nifty rules in a single book would be very convenient.

Yeah they all have different rules for each killzone, I am not sure how many as I still haven't gotten my hands on my Mech one yet, its at my parents house waiting to be sent across the channel to me.

From the preview I remember that the Mech one has some exploding pipes? The munition one has something about falling crates at the edge of the map that causes mortal wounds? Things like that.

Yeah a book with all the scenery rules would be very good. Maybe an opposite random expansion to the new one that is very competitive.

If you aren't sure which to get, I have to say the Imperialis stuff is AMAZING. The Mechanicus stuff is good for sure, but the Imperialis stuff is on a whole new level. It's a lot easier to build and customize, and it is better in terms of modularity. I was able to build all the pieces from the Kill Team box set to be multiple single storey buildings (which is great for KT) or stacked up for one big ruin if I'm playing 40k.

Imperialis stuff does look good, but I'd like to go for more industrial theme for my terrain. Also, I'm a sucker for boxed deals. :biggrin.: Maybe in the future if Kill Team starters become available again.

Archived