Army construction advice

So, having not yet played a game but attempting to plan out my first purchases I've built a full Axiom Maniple that sits at right about 1500 points. I also have a knight banner of 3 that puts me evenly at 1750. If I were to continue up to 2000, it looks like my options are to add more knights, add some cerastus knights, or ditch the little guys all together and put in a separate titan or two. For those that have had a chance to try them out, are the knights worth investing in as harassers, or would those points be better spent on the big guys? Obviously there is the option of waiting to see what new classes of titan come out in future suplements as well, but for now these are the options as I see them. Thoughts?

Knights have their uses but Reavers are 300 points with guns and also don’t die to a single volcano cannon shot. Knights fill out my points to get to round numbers to be honest, the game is called Adeptus Titanicus for a reason.

I'm using 2 banners of 3 Lancers in an upcoming event

Knights can be devastating, once they get stuck in your opponent will probably have lost their Titan

Avoid Volcano cannons and overcharged Plasma and they'll do great

Titandeath being around the corner, I would wait a little bit to see what comes next.

Rather than go for a specific point limit, I went to acquire enough models to be able to field any of the currently available 3 maniples, plus Questoris and/or Cerastus knights in support. From what I have been reading, Cerastus knights in particular are brutal on the charge, the key being to survive until then of course.

Eagerly awaiting Titandeath and my first games once my models are ready.

Lancers are really quite exceptional. Played my first game with them last night and they convincingly ignored a Warlord shooting at them with its apoc launcher and macro gatling blaster, and proceeded to wipe out an opposing banner of 3 questoris knight errant before speeding their way into the enemy back field. 

Archived