Preferred Wych Cult?

Zoatibix

I currently run Red Grief because I like being able to advance and charge. I also think the upgraded Glaive artifact is worth taking.

However, I was also wondering about the Cult that gives an extra point of Str and reduces battleshock casualties.

Cult if Strife gives an extra attack, bit that is only on 'inital' rounds of combat, whereas the extra strength is always on.

I am keen to hear the thoughts of others.

I think it depends what you want to run.

- Red Grief is probably best for running large numbers of Reavers, as it means they can easily charge enemy units on turn 1. It also has by far the best Succubus Artefact, ans probably the best Warlord Trait as well. I think it's well worth considering for an outrider with just a Succubus and Reavers. The Stratagem is interesting and might be useful, but it's fairly situational and regular Wyches would probably benefit more from one of the other Cults (since Red Grief does nothing to improve their damage output, which is pretty lacking).

- Cult of the Cursed Blade is probably best when running 10-man Wych squads or 10+ Hellion squads. I wouldn't run Reavers with it as it gives them basically no benefit whatsoever. It also gives you a legitimate reason to take Power Swords, should you wish to. However, its Artefact is mediocre at best, and it has the worst Warlord trait and Stratagem of any Cult. So really you're taking it solely for the Cult bonus.

- Cult of Stryfe can be seen as the all-rounded. The benefit isn't amazing but it does at least benefit every Cult unit. It's also the one to use if you want to take Lelith. It's stratagem, whilst very expensive, is probably the best of the Cult ones. The artefact is awful but the Warlord trait is decent and combos well with the Triptych Whip.

Archived