Vigilus Defiant/Chapter Approved 2018 FAQs

Wayniac

These aren't on the Warhammer Community site yet but here are the links:

Vigilus: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/warhammer_40000_imperium_nihilus_vigilus_defiant_en-1.pdf

Chapter Approved 2018: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/warhammer_40000_chapter_approved_2018_en-1.pdf

Interestingly they NERFED  Haarken Worldclaimer by changing his ability to only affect <BLACK LEGION> Raptors, despite saying in the preview his ability affected all Raptors.  So took an already horrible character and made him even worse somehow.

No changes to Castellan.  Chaos Terminators still inexplicably 5 points more expensive than loyalists.

Someone actually asked if they concede in a mission that uses Acceptable Casualties, does their opponent still win. :huh.: :rolleyes:

I'm pretty upset about the TWC not getting the 2 point SS that originally we were told we were going to get by Simon Grant. TWC were already a bad unit in 8th and with zero point decrease or profile changes through the codex and CA18 they remain worthless. I guess they can join my Warp Talons collecting dust as units that look cool but are too terrible to actually use on the table.

as units that look cool but are too terrible to actually use on the table.

You mean 90% of the current GW range?

Sounds like a highly praise to GW.

Almost every tabletop game has more than 80% "uncompetitive" components. So you mean "90% of GW range is cool"...

While the statement technically has dual meaning, I think everyone and their grandmother could see that I was taking a shot at GWs attempt at game balance rather than praising their miniature range.

Sarcastic and witty replies aren't sarcastic and witty when I have to explain them. :mellow.:

The reign of terror continues!

LMAO

*Meanwhile, somewhere in the Warp...*

*Silouhette of a giant, gaunt bird-like creature*

"Just as planned...."

Much like the News, Rumours, and Board Announcements topic, we've had 24 hours for the news to percolate through the community, so I think it's time to lock this up. Further discussion can take place in the appropriate forums.

Archived