Have you invested in Primaris, and if so, how much?

Ishagu

I just got shadowspear but won't be assembling anything just yet.

I've got a feeling the new book is coming soon so I'll wait for the hype from that to kick me into action lol

I may get some of the Primaris stuff from Shadowspear if GW stops doing the repetitive poses crap with them. Until then I don’t need a lot of repetitive poses/indentical Marines I have to chop up - I’ve already got to do enough to fix the appearance of a large line of Primaris for me, I don’t need more work. They are really limiting their sales to me (I used to buy a lot of Marines, have at least two+ companies worth) by doing things that way, or they need to get on the stick and start producing alternate poses faster.

I’m not saying we need full multi-part posable kits (although that would be really nice), but there needs to be better ways to avoid the Twinsy Two-Arm Pistol Grip or twin snipey stance type stuff. It’d be nice to actually want more than a combat squad box of any given Primaris kit, although I guess the benefit to me is that at least GW is self-regulating my expenditures on these new product lines.

My Salamanders tried their hardest to refuse any Primaris Marines, only allowing a single Redemptor (because I love dreadnoughts) and a unit of Reivers (because I love close combat + the models are amazing) into their ranks.

Sadly I've come to the conclusion that GW will no longer create any new non-Primaris units for Space Marines, so if I want to evolve and add to my Salamanders, I'm more or less forced to start collecting Primaris as well. So now I've added the Primaris-units from Shadowspear as well as a unit of Aggressors (with flamers, naturally).

I consider the primaris-fluff in general to be atrocious though, so in my headcanon Primaris Marines are simply updated / truescale marines.

I started a Primaris Ultramarines army with Dark Imperium and Gulliman and it has been my main focus since. I have a few normal marines to cover gaps Primaris can't fill for now (mostly jump characters) but almost everything is Primaris. I mainly field them as an infantry phalanx so I've added lots of intercessors and hellblasters with Inceptors and Reivers for mobility. I'll be adding two lots of Shadowspear marines soon.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were to do loyalists SM it would definitely be primaris, its just the way the future is going. And it would have to be a totally primaris founding chapter. I got very sad to see how the Flesh Tearers and Seth are coping with the new primaris for example. 

I've got somewhere around 5000p painted as Raptors. Admittedly, 1500p are just the previously painted Thunderhawk. Another >1500p on sprue or unpainted.

For my part, the fluff is a smurf-coloured atrocity, but the models are more variation than just updating the same old PA dudes again. I've done 4 different army projects with all the same astartes models, primaris literally bring something new to the table. Not sure how viable they are ingame as mono primaris, but it's my current focus to create a consistent looking force. Also, Vanguard is exactly what Raptors should look like, so I've got 2 boxes so far - monopose at least prevents me from buying another one.

I'm all in on Primaris now, after resisting for a long time. Classic Marines are just too frail in the current meta.

Shadowspear box and unit of Hellblasters so far. I'll be adding some Intercessors and Aggressors soon.

Ive collected so far:

30 intercessors

12 inceptors

6 plasma inceptors

20 hellblasters

12 aggressors

10 reivers

2 captains

2 LTs

1 shadowspear cpt

1 shadowspear LT

10 infiltrators

3 eliminators

1 shadowspear Librarian

3 suppressors

1 repulsor

1 dread

Splitting between white scars, Raven Guard and Raptors

I would love more but I can't stomach $30 per model and I don't want a bunch of repeats.

Yeah, all those event only models are expensive. Clearly GW need to release more Lt's as general releases. That's the only possible answer.

If only we had some kind of feedback survey type thing coming up soon that we could use to communicate this.....*

* I am, of course, joking, Please, by the Emperor's golden stress balls, don't request more Lt's!

Zero investmemt. I have two unfinished Marine armies and lots of grey plastic, zero need or desire to invest in Primaris. And as I have the models to start a 30k army, I will switch to 30k exclusively when 40k finally turns its back on classic marines.

I have:

Completed Models

2 Gravis Captains

2 Primaris Captains (converted)

4 Lieutenants (Dark Imperium and converted)

1 Ancient

1 Chaplain (converted)

1 Librarian

1 Techmarine (converted)

1 Apothecary (converted)

25 Intercessors

10 Reivers

10 Hellblasters (Dark Imperium)

6 Inceptors (Dark Imperium)

3 Aggressors

1 Redemptor

1 Repulsor

Work in Progress

1 Primaris Smash Captain (converted)

1 Vanguard Librarian

10 Infiltrators

6 Eliminators

3 Suppressors

1 Easy-to-Build Redemptor

I'm in the process of becoming an all-Primaris fan and it's going swimmingly.

I had a real blaze of painting a couple of weeks ago and painted just over half the vanguard set and now I've got caught up again; once they are painted though I think I will have a hundred primaris painted, which is more or less a battle company depending if the vanguard are supposed to be attached from the scout company or not. I've got a section in my model cabinet spaced out ready for assault primaris that have yet to appear!

Short list:

-3 jetbikers

-8 characters

-20 intercessors

-10 infiltrators

-15 reivers

-15 hellblasters

-6 eliminators

-9 inceptors

-3 suppressors

-3 aggressors

-1 redemptor

-1 repulsor

-1 thunderhawk

Pile of Shame currently has one more Shadowspear box (minus eliminators - done already), redemptor and repulsor. A total transport capacity of 35 is a bit low, but considering the points costs of both transporter unit profiles, I guess it's okay for now.

Considering I'm rather close to having all existing kits for primaris, I'll expand this a bit with stuff that isn't operated by marines (like Tarantulas or Deathstorm pods) as well as convert. Jetbikes (Custodes conversion) are already done, I guess my LandSpeeder count-as will be a Tempest with some parts slimmed down and a primaris sitting in there.

Just got my first Primaris model because I really like the stat line, concept and warlord trait for the vanguard Phobos captain. 

I have a Vigilator I'm going to convert to count as him but if my opponant is ever unhappy with a proxy like that I like to have the original mini on hand to swap.

The points are currently too high but it's a really, really handy stat line. 

Invested? Lots.  Painted?  That takes me a while.

Let me think of what I own, Primaris-wise:

Anniversary Captain

Apothecary

500th Store Lieutenant

Two sets of Dark Imperium Primaris

Two sets of ShadowSpear Vanguard

Box of multipose Intercessors

ETB Intercessors

2 boxes of multipose Reivers

Primaris half of Tooth & Claw

Primaris Librarian

Multipose Redemptor

Repulsor

Primaris Captain

Multipose Aggressors

Zakariah

So... $1000 US, maybe?  Does that count as "invested"? :D

Some are painted up as various chapters - Crimson Fists, Dark Angel,s Ultramarines, Space Wolves... but I'm doing my Vanguard as Raptors.  I've still got enough unpainted models to probably field a full Primaris company, if I ever decide on what that will be.

I probably have more Primaris than I do older Marines - though I could still field a demi-company of classic Wolves.

I was thinking about getting some primaris.

But I wouldn't want to see them in my RG army. Fluff-wise nearly everything about their introduction is... wrong. Bad. Nothing I'd like to contaminate my main SM army with.

An option would have been a separate chapter as an allied detachment, at this point trying another colour scheme...

But at the end, I decided against it, for now. I have a sufficiently big pile of unpainted shame, and most of the primaris don't look that great that they would be worth growing the pile even higher. Maybe I'll reconsider it after their close combat wave, I doubt it though.

Just want to say that I think the infiltrator kit from the Shadowspear set is one of the best looking Astartes infantry kits, in my opinion.

I've put them together and they just look really awesome. The helmet, the armour, the guns. Love everything about them.

It's unfortunate that there are a few repeat poses, but eventually we'll be able to mix them in with the full release.

Intercessors and Infiltrators both look the part they were supposed to. Infiltrators probably get a points reduction with the next update, then one might consider actually using them.

The part about primaris that I consider most annoying is the lack of choice. Intercessors and Hellblasters are a prime example how squads should be customizable, but sergeants, captains, lieutenants etc. are restricted in rather pointless ways depending on random limited models or upgrade sprues. "This captain can be pointing with hand or sword, nothing else. This captain can just point with a hand. This captain can point with a powerfist, but in that case must have a plasma pistol too. Limited Fists upgrade has powerfist for the sarge? Now every intercessor sarge can take a fist. But not the hellblaster sarge, because that would be ridiculous. And once a sarge gets promoted to lieutenant, he'll have to choose - gun or sword. But not the rapid fire gun."

But at the end, I decided against it, for now. I have a sufficiently big pile of unpainted shame

That's the fun part - once you decide to make a primaris only strikeforce/company, the Pile of Shame for old marines doesn't count any more. :wink:

Yeah the lacking customization of HQs is a big miss but that's how GW has been doing things for a while already ... just not in 40k because they didn't release much new for 40k for a long time in the first place.

Archived