BL celebrations

Knockagh

It seems we are due a weekend of BL celebrations in 2019. Last year was the Eisenhorn book & model release.

This year quite a lot going on.

Lovely looking model of Commissar Severina Raine coming out to coincide with the book release. (She gets a model but not a limited edition....)

Buried Dagger finishing off the main heresy series and a rerelease of the first two books from the series. A little disappointed in these as I thought at first look a few months back they were going to be lovely leather type covers but I think (could be wrong) they are just black dust jackets over a slightly fancier book. I can’t stand dust jackets, they fade and get crumpled far too easily.

Our Martyred Lady (Very exciting!!)

And Angron: Slave of Nuceria which I’ve been looking forward to.

Other things like Instagram which since I’m not in social media means nothing to me really but probably lots to the rest of the world!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/23/23rd-jan-coming-soon-black-library-celebration-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

Dang those celebration editions of Horus Rising and False Gods are ugly as sin. There's 'tasteful and restrained' and then there's 'pulled together in Illustrator by an intern with a vague idea of minimalist book design and basic vector assets'.

Did the celebration mini-anthology go out for free with other purchases last year?

I wonder what's included in the anthology that comes with any BL acquisition.

It references a Mortarion story but then also references one as coming out in the week before the celebration.

I wonder if the stories in the anthology are all new and the same as the ones that will be released digitally.

Archived