Legio Extrinsecus (The Outsiders)

Kordhal

Have been off the B&C for a while but have been drawn back since I have begun painting and building my Titan maniple. Heavily inspired by the amazing work Apologist has put into his custom Legio, decided to try my hand at my own:

Title: Legio Extrinsecus

Low Gothic Title: The Outsiders

Founding Forge Domain: Kadath

Allegiance: Loyalist

Legio Sigil: The Warding Stara symbol of great import to the Kadathian Magi, believed to act as a insult/weapon against "intrusions from beyond".

Legio Cultural Primer: Much like their paternal Forge and its insular and secretive Magi, members of the Legio are considered severely eccentric by more orthodox members of the Collegia Titanicus. Both the Legio and Kadathian Magi worship the Omnissah in the form of the "Legum Lator" or "Lawmaker" to give its low gothic name, believing that the Omnissah acts as both the creator and guardian of the universal laws governing our reality. This belief has led to ideological clashes with the more orthodox members of the Mechanicum, though this has been swept under the rug, in no small part to Kadath's ideal location as a staging point for Expeditionary forces heading into the Southern Galactic Rim. 

The Legio itself is organised into several courts, with the central being known as the "Court of the Shrouded King" (made up of the current head of the Legio and other veteran princeps), and each outward court is designated with an obscure/esoteric name, such as the "Lie-Eaters". Due to the extremely insular nature of Extrinsecus the significance of each court and its name can only be speculated upon. 

​Despite their unorthodox natures both Kadath and Legio Extrinsecus are staunchly pro-Imperial, finding them more accepting partners that the wider Mechanicum. 

Kadath:  Kadath is a barren world, consisting of large continents of black obsidian and basalt and several small acidic oceans. The Kadathian Mechanicum dwell in monolithic cities dotting the continents, which extend far below the lightless surface and stretch upwards towards the sky, and are renowned for producing the rarer forms of cogitator and other more esoteric technological items...

Continue Reading [Y]/[N]? 

Legio Extrinsecus, Reaver Battle Titan, Hastam Puniens or "Banishing Spear"

LA29Rol.jpg

yInSzEQ.jpg

jsevIBx.jpg

BxLrqY3.jpg

qcQeEdt.jpg

The Banishing Spear, pictured during the Agiran Terracide, note the Kadathian markings and {Schrodinger-Reality Anchors} ?!CONFORMATION REQUIRED!? attached to the carparace.

Looking forward to see what you all think, and am hoping to convert up a princeps for each titan I make. Onto the Warhounds next!!

Do they want to be friends with legio Cascadia? We have plentiful vortex missiles to trade, and are the sectors largest producer of Imperial pale ale.

Well if Legio Cascadia supports the righteous Emperor and his forces against the traitorous dogs of course!

Looks really great! This blue-grey tone, how did you manage that? 

Also, will there be follow-ups? What's in the pipeline?

Thank you! Basically I basecoat with a mix of Kantor blue and abaddon black (basically almost black in colour) and highlight by adding more and more russ grey to the mix, then glaze it with the original mix and do some edge highlights with pure Russ grey. Definitely will be follow ups, am currently building some Warhounds and still have the Warlord to construct as well! Legio Extrinsecus will walk, and the Traitors will burn!

That's a really nice looking Titan. The colour is great, as are the freehand/details.

Did you have any particular influence for your fluff?

Dallo

Thank you very much, am really pleased how the freehand ended up. The fluff influence is very much Lovecraft and Cosmic horror inspired, with a few tidbits of stuff from the Dark heresy RPGs that acted as a catalyst, will continue to expand on it as I build up the force.

That's a great scheme and I get a cool Lovecraft vibe around them too :biggrin.:

Cheers :D

Great work

Thank you!

Top marks for starting a plog with a finished titan. Wish I had one of those! It looks great too, and I love the background.

Thank you for the kind words :D,  hope to see some Titans on your end soon. 

Awesome paintscheme and awesome fluff. I really hope that we get to see more of Kadath's backstory.

Thank you very much, and you will definitely see some expansion on both Kadath and the Legios fluff ;) .

I saw the word Kadath and I was like 'I wonder...'

Then I saw the 'sigil' mentioned and knew what sigil to expect.  

I really like your freehand, too. 

Glad you got the references, and thank you am very happy how it turned out.

One of the most magnificent miniature giant death machines I've seen. Bravo.

You are too kind, but am very glad you like it.

I love it! Great work on the titan and the background is cool as well.

Thank you very much :).

And now for a bit more progress, have started building the 2 warhounds and of course couldn't resist performing a small conversion: presenting the partially constructed Kadath pattern Warhound, Mundi Locus  or Cosmic Jest:

WNS68SJ.jpg

Ajov5A1.jpg

WfakfAt.jpg

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this rare pattern of Warhound!

I think that’s really good. I’m not sure about the plasticard squares on the sides though. I think you’d be better off using green stuff there to merge in with the other details. You’re obviously good with it. Ordo you already have plans for building off the plasticard?

Love the Lovecraft touches. Are you going to draw on other bits of the mythos too? Please tell me there's going to be a warhound squadron/maniple called the Hounds of Tindalos?

The Maniple will also be a fan of flanking their opponents from obscure angles :P and never, ever stopping!

Archived