Bringing Assassins/Inquisitiors in a Detachment

Wassa

He used to ignore armour. Now the only save that can be taken is an invulnerable saves. But you do make a good point, do FNP and disgusting resilient, etc count as saves or not?

I checked with a Death Guard friend, he said they're not referred to as saves. I don't think Life Drain will affect those as the wound is still inflicted, which is what you roll a save against. DR etc then just negates the damage inflicted from the unsaved wound.

That does make me wonder why they reworded it though. Seems to make no practical difference.

He used to ignore armour. Now the only save that can be taken is an invulnerable saves. But you do make a good point, do FNP and disgusting resilient, etc count as saves or not?

I checked with a Death Guard friend, he said they're not referred to as saves. I don't think Life Drain will affect those as the wound is still inflicted, which is what you roll a save against. DR etc then just negates the damage inflicted from the unsaved wound.

That does make me wonder why they reworded it though. Seems to make no practical difference.

Ah thanks for the update. I do agree with you about why they reworded it though, it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Its an "Assassins Index" that's included in the WD.

But really it's a codex as it has strategems too. Don't know if things will change in the future and they release a proper codex.

Disappointingly its not a lift out like the 3rd ed one, but yes its in this month WD

Tried the new rules yesterday with a Callidus, Vindicare and Eversor

Vindicares are much improved :tu:

Although one isnt gonna do a super amount of damage in a single turn

Callidus and Eversor went down pretty quickly though. The extra wounds are nice but 4++ still means even on average through enough dice and they'll go down. Quicker with cold rolls <_<

Would love GW to release an Inquisition Index in WD, like they did for Assasins.

Being able to bring an Inquisitor in your army outside of a detachment, using reinforcement points (like Assasins), or allowing you to include one inside a detachment (but exclude them from the battleforged test).

also would need to give them a rule to stop them braking sub faction (ie <chapter> <order <regiment> etc)

Hmm. What could they call such a rule?

I got it!

"By the authority of the immortal Emperor of mankind..."

I just thought it up out if thin air. Crazy good eh?

Archived