Vanguard Primaris Marines - Intro Thread

Mmmmm Napalm

I think we'll see more alongside a new Codex.

you know....

*tin foil peyote hat*

A flying primaris landspeederstorm/razorback with a dual accelerator auto cannon turret would be neat

Guys, there are now 8 Primaris units that are NOT included in the codex, 10 if you count unique wargear options of existing units.

It's very, very obvious Codex 2.0 will be released VERY soon.

Let's not worry about armour keywords, Shadowspire is clearly designed to function within itself primarily.

I don't know if its obvious a new codex will be released soon, because they wouldn't need one codex like for chaos they would need multiple ones.I'm hoping it's more an Angel's of death supplement for this wave, and then with next wave we start see the different marine chapters get updated codex.

I just hope we get a formation that makes tac marines, assault marines, and devastators useful. Because right now, only the devastator sees play. Assault marines and tac marines are so outclassed, it's really sad. They needed a good points drop to make them competitive, but GW didn't give us that with the Chapter Approved. So the best we can hope for now is a really good formation (Battle Company?) that makes Tac, Assault, and Dev marines useful. Same goes for chaplains. When was the last time you saw one of those?

I'm sick and tired of seeing scouts for pete's sake. I want Codex: Space Marines, not Codex: Scout Marines!

I think we'll see more alongside a new Codex.

you know....

*tin foil peyote hat*

A flying primaris landspeederstorm/razorback with a dual accelerator auto cannon turret would be neat

Sure, but it'll only be playable 18 months after it releases. Damn thing is liable to release at 250 points at this rate.

Kinda the wrong thread for that. It's the Vanguard Primaris Marine intro thread, not the traditional Marine wishlisting thread. :P

Ya.

On infiltrators. I think they would normally be in an elite choice, but instead they are a troop choice at an elevated cost which I am fine with. 1 10 man squad split to protect whatever can have a sizeable area denial bubble.

I agree with whomever postulated that their alt builds will be different bolters.

I don't think there are any "spots" to be hog on. GW has shown more than once that they don't care about overcrowding one specific FOC section (usually the Elite one).

Reivers can stay where they are but make their blades ap-1

I honestly think this unit is underrated and that being able to arrive turn 2/3 from reserve is as useful in different ways to being able to deploy outside of regular restrictions at the start of the game.

There's no reason to move them to fast attack. The Elite slot has always been filled with options in a Marine army.

The Infiltrators definitely need a drop but I'd also like to see the maximum numbers in a unit of Eliminators become 5 or 6.

I agree the Eliminators do need to be up to 6 to be really dangerous but then maybe that was a balance thing. After all, you can just then stop people from shooting them with a single psychic power and they can hose down the tableclearing characters. If it was 2 units of 3 then you wouldn't have a single unreachable unit.

Though I still don't think it's totally broken at 6. Might shake up the meta more *shrugs*

I'd prefer it if the marine battle roles matched the actual unit designations. This has typically always been the case with legacymarines. Veteran units were always elites, and only veteran units were elites (and of course things like dreadnoughts).. the only exception I can think of is assault centurions which are marine role: Close support, game role: Elites.

With Primaris not really having veteran units they give the primaris elite roles to Reivers and Aggressors who are really described as close & fire support. With shadowspear we're now getting Suppressors that are depicted as fire support, but really are fast attack in game terms. I just prefer it when it matches

And I realize I might very much be in the minority here in that I actually care about something as trivial like this. But what I'm really saying is, give us a veteran primaris unit already, GW

I think you have the right of it. I don’t like it, but that’s how it seems to be. It makes sense, Space Marines are elite and by the time they are in the battle companies they should be experienced enough to do this.

As a self admitted Primaris fan boy, I have to admit this annoys me slightly. I would want to keep my Vanguard units in one dedicated company. Preferably in a reserve company that could be attached to the battle companies as needed or used as a single attack force in its own right. I would want my battle companies to focus on the stand up fights. Admittedly that’s simple thinking on my part. Anybody got a copy of that Nova Codex Astartes? Cause it seems Guilliman is playing fast and loose with the rules here lol.

Frankly, unless they have something in the box fluff to contradict it, my headcanon is these guys are members of existing tactical or Intercessor squads who break off into a vanguard formation as required (rather than a separate unit/squad).

I reckon the Elite Veteran units will be chapter specific. Sword bros for Templars, Wolf Guard for Wolves, Keshig for WS, Sanguinary Guard for Angels etc.

Yeah this is a great way to do it imo.

The Veterans should be more themed to each chapter.

I'd cheer for this if I had any confidence it would actually lead to me ever getting a unit this way. I'm sure Salamanders, White scars, Iron hands etc would also look at this proposal with a hefty amount of sceptism or even dread if they were to go down this path.

At least with a generic veteran unit, everyone will at very least get something.

Archived