Is mental onslaught the perfect counter to knights?

So I was having a look at all the leadership modifiers cult get access to, and with them mental onslaught seems fairly op: if you put a patriarch next to a clamavus, and cast mental onslaught on an imperial knight that's had the horror (from Tyranids) and Terrifying visions (from imperial guard) and you're rolling at ld 11 Vs ld 6: that's 72 mortal wounds on average if you use a command reroll. The psychic powers are all at least 18" range, so you don't have to get too close either. Does This need a nerf in an FAQ?

So I was having a look at all the leadership modifiers cult get access to, and with them mental onslaught seems fairly op: if you put a patriarch next to a clamavus, and cast mental onslaught on an imperial knight that's had the horror (from Tyranids) and Terrifying visions (from imperial guard) and you're rolling at ld 11 Vs ld 6: that's 72 mortal wounds on average if you use a command reroll. The psychic powers are all at least 18" range, so you don't have to get too close either. Does This need a nerf in an FAQ?

If you combo that with the locus' -1 that knight is dead and has no way of stopping it, maybe it'll need an FAQ but maybe we'll be the ultimate anti knight list

I find it funny that this is possible....but for it to be possible you need at least 3 detachments, getting off 3 powers and having all the relevant characters in just the right place to do so. Its a great trick but I feel it relies on too much.

take 10 aberrants with an abominant and they will do the work just fine. We can buff them out the wazoo also with +1 Str from iconward relic, Clamavus, Primus, Might From Beyond and other WT and relics but then were getting into my original issue with the Psychic Onsluaght

Archived