So are GSC Worth starting?

ashc

Definitely dude, I'm biased of course but genestealer cults are an amazing place currently and offer a huge variety of different lists and plastyles that are viable. You want a shooty gun line, a combat heavy army or a mix of the two? They're all super viable through a mix of rules and strategems. Deathwatch overkill is a great place to start as it gives you two of the building blocks of GSC, neophytes and acolytes. The HQs are the big three and are great for what they do, cost and provide to the army. They're a powerful army but more importantly (imo) theyre fun

Yup, overkill very good start, three heroes, two or three acolyte squads and two genestealers is a very good basis for any cult army. Have  proper read of the codex and see what you want to do and build the army up from there - Aberrants and Abominants are good at general smashing, genestealers are good at devastating assaults, tanks are, well, tanks and so on.

From what you have already, I'd consider the Brood Coven stratagem, it lets you have warlord traits on the Patriarch, Magus and Primus for general shenanigans :)  

Well I've done a little research and looked on the forum and 1d4chan for a bit of a feel of what to expect and yes the broodcoven strategem seems especially good. I like the infantry and particularly the characters that all look fantastic, plus that drill terrain is boss!

Broodcoven stood out for me immediately as something that could be used to great effect. Oddly enough, my personal preference for this army is no genestealers of any sort (not competitive, just me being me) so it’s not possible for me from the start, but three warlord traits is three warlord traits lol :)

Patriarch is definitely built to run with stealers whilst abominants with aberrants, good to see game design incentivises fluffy list building. I'm a bit in love with the biophagus model as well, but I can say that of pretty much all those characters

Yeah, although I'm a tad underwhelmed with the rules for the Nexos I've never actually considered removing him from the list because that model is just so darned good :)

Considering how remarkable the Kelermorph is as well in both model form and in rules, I'd say that its an almost compulsory include in any lists

I think the Nexos is ace! With the Clamavus and Primus both being really useful as well you're gaining a CP on a 5+ when anyone uses a stratagem (when all three of those models are on the table. Looking through the codex I'm going to be using a LOT of CP's so he's a must take for me.

The model being spectacular and funny (Warhammer world is the place shown on his table in case anyone didn't know) is just a bonus.

GSC looks to be a really fun army to play so for sure worth starting. I'm adding a few bits to all the Cults units I've picked up over the years as part of boxed sets and I'm away with a brand new army (and some tanks / artillery "borrowed" from my Guard).

Archived