Alternative Assassin sculpts/miniatures?

Krom4095

I already have 1 of ea GW assassin, but would like to build up to 2-3 of ea. total. With such individualistic models and dynamic poses, I'd hate to have duplicate sculpts if there are some adequate replacements made by other companies.

The toughest model to find adequate replacements for seem to be the Culexus (big bulbous brain/head) and maybe the Eversor. I found quite a few sniper-type minis made by other companies (Vindicare replacements), and sleek sci-fy females w swords/blades seem somewhat abundant, too (Callidus Replacement). Do any of you have favorite alternative sculpts or suggestions for any or all of the 4 GW assassins? Thx.

The Van Saar bodies work pretty well, here's a few I've whipped up... although they're pretty close to the standard.

Callidus (I'll paint the whole body / face as skin suit)

image 1

Eversor (Shares a lot of pieces with the eversor kit, just a more stable pose)

Culexus (Figured there was no reason this guy had to be in great shape, so I figured a Danny Devito body-type would be funny...)

image 2

Rinion could you post a couple of pics?

Im curious of the size comparison since they describe them as 32mm scale?

Here you go! They're faily slim as a model but i feel like there large enough! Dont have an actual GW assassin for a direct comparison though

jjdD88r.jpg

Afaik, people have been kitbashing assassin type characters for use in inq28/inquisimunda using eldar(e.g. guardians)/drukhari(e.g. kabalites) units with some soulstones/spikes removed and heads/weapons swapped for something more imperial.

The inquisition line used to have deathcult assassins, which could serve as meelee assassin stand-ins.

Excellent video on making a Eversor kill team (scions rules).

https://youtu.be/2ZMmg-xK43A

Video inspired me to use Van Saar for my Scions (beret heads instead of skulls).

Kit is amazing. I've got 30 scions that don't look the same all from a single sprue kit.

Given the Vaan Saar weapon options, they make for an excellent alternative for guard or scions.

I already have a Culexus bit I'm looking to get another Van Saar box to do an Eversor, Calidus and Vindicare (sniper rifle from Delaque box)

Excellent video on making a Eversor kill team (scions rules).

Video inspired me to use Van Saar for my Scions (beret heads instead of skulls).

Kit is amazing. I've got 30 scions that don't look the same all from a single sprue kit.

Given the Vaan Saar weapon options, they make for an excellent alternative for guard or scions.

I already have a Culexus bit I'm looking to get another Van Saar box to do an Eversor, Calidus and Vindicare (sniper rifle from Delaque box)

I just watched that video and feel inspired. Both for a similar themed KT, but also for maybe another Eversor or two. Anyone know where or what size of glass beads you would use to fit those tiny eye sockets in those skulls?

Archived