Shadowspear new units

Wolf Lord Loki

Has anyone checked the new downloadable datasheets for the models from Shadowspear?

It does not say that it is just limited to the heretic astartes. Which would have been a easy thing to slap on the front page

So swinging the 'theory hammer' a bit before considering the 'mace of purchasing' what benefits could we gain from using these new units

Would it improve things like the defiler (that I think is cool but wouldnt really consider buying)

The Master of Possessions abilities look very interesting. The malific powers are a cool addition.

1. Summoning. If he stands still he can potentially use Daemonic Summons rwices a turn. That could be a lot of Plague Bearers arriving. A lot of points in reserve but awesome if you can park him between to objectives and summon a hoard of plaguebearers on to each

(also if paired with a Plague marine squad and a termite could potentially bring hell to an opponents back field)

2. Sacrifice - to heal a legion Daemon model. Either let a cultist or Poxwalker suffer a mortal wound to recover wounds. Poxwalkers might be a good choice as they might DR a mortal wound

3. Boost the abilities of random rolls on units like obliterators, spawn etc

4. possession- improves your masters weapon ap. Added bonus if you kill a character you gain a spawn or kill a marine character you gain a Greater Possessed. Sounds fun if you are going to get up close and personal

5. Cursed earth basically a cover save for legion daemon models. Could be good to protect your blight hawlers who are protecting your advancing marines (keeping their shooting effective), or making the plague burst Crawler EVEN MORE durable

6. Reroll hits and wounds for legion Daemon models (basically a lord and plague weapon) although it could be applied to shooting as well

Sorry, double post on my mobile..think the mobile network was playing up.

I will have to have a read of the rules to see if they are worth investing in.  I like the new Abby model and would buy it if i could somehow incorporate him into my lists.  I do have 40 cultists (20 melee and 20 shooty) so perhaps a small battalion of them with him??

While the new chaos units look promising as an ally detachment, the noctilus crown could be valuable even in a pure DG list.

giving a 5+ invuln to all chaos model within 6'' and expanding makes poxwalkers mini plague bearers and maybe 3 predator becomes a consideration again.

its only 100 pt too, so 3 pred, the crown, 20 pox and a lord with bale sword comes to 750pt, creating a fire base with bublewrap. 

just stuff to consider

Considering making some Purge allies for my warband. The Cleaved are also an option, I 'spose. I just dislike having to keep track of whose auras/spells effect who :/

Archived