How screwed is the repulsor if gw goes back to facings?

Trevak Dal

So I got three and I sat down to put them together (been on a building/assembly spree).

I'd heard they were near Ork levels of "put guns on the thing" but holy emperor's prostate, that's a lot of :cuss.

I got to thinking, if they went back on the "eh you can fire all weapons on the thing, no penalties no worrying about facing, they just...find a way..." Back to "well these weapons can only fire on this arc, these on that arc etc" it's more screwed than the indecisive landraider.

The build up seems like gw (for maximum profits) will, eventually pull back and pump the brakes to a 3rd edition style where all the snowflake armies go away again (that's that Rust Cole pessimism in me). It's why i only have three (and only because I couldn't get the Imperial Fists box, they were sold out).

Thoughts?

Not very as most of its weapons are on the turret and/or facing forward. Only the small dakka which is much in volume but not high in quality would struggle.

You have one Stormbolter or equivalent on the back and one on each side which would suffer from facings. The Fragstorm launcher on the sides of the turret would suffer a bit as well I guess. Also a Twin-Las at the front which is obviously not much of an issue. The rest is on the turrets front so it wouldn't have any problems.

Assuming it still has split fire and wasn't paying a ton of points for the extra guns then the side grenade launchers would still be usable. Otherwise they could just change those fragstorms from weapons into a special rule like 'models charging this unit suffer d3 automatic hits' since half of them have to replace the smoke launchers anyway (which in turn were multi-purpose grenade launchers back in 2nd ed).

The repulsor isn't a realistic tank but having weapons facing in mutliple directions was pretty normal for a WW2 heavy bomber.

Archived