Foetid Bloat-Drone

McElMcNinja

I have my last Foetid Bloat-Drone to assemble. I'm going to try and use magnets to be able switch to any of the three builds. But in the case I can't or if someone else can't, is the Heavy Blight Launcher ever a good choice?

It's either 6 36" shots hitting on 4+ (rerolling 1's, DP will be near by), Str 6, AP -2, D3 Dmg for 35 points or 2d6 (avg7) 8" shots auto hitting, Str 6, AP -1, 1 Dmg for 34 points.

Both are assault weapons, but turn 1 you could hit almost anything on the board with the Heavy Blight Launcher. And you can up the Str on the spitter easier, but Arch-contaminator would be near either choice, so would that matter?

Just thinking out loud...

The main problem I have with the Heavy Blight is the BS4. I can’t hit enough with it. And, if I really wanted something to shoot at range, I’d get a Plague Burst, a Hellbrute or a Predator.

The other thing about Spitter is they work great against Flyers, Camo Cloaks, other stuff with -1 hit and vs Chargers. They can also be buffed with Poxbringer and / or Epidemius.

I have to agree with the above posts, I've also had some fun with the flewmowers but the spitters are always going to win out in the end. The auto hit against armies/units that are tough to hit plus the mobility is too much to give up.

Archived