Vigilus Falls, What next?(Here be spoilers)

Sete

Yep it was sigmar last year and 40k this year. I saw a suggestion elsewhere that there might be monopose sisters models first followed by a later full plastic release which make sense because gw already teased a model based off old Karl Kopinski artwork and said they were hoping to release it ahead of the main sisters release. A sister superior and battle sister squad vs necron flayed ones (which languish in finecast) ala sanctuary 101 would be a good and simple teaser boxed set.

I'd love to see the Emperor's Children come out in their own codex with Fulgrim gathering the band back together to cause some mischief somewhere.

He's done that in the lore already. Gathering Storm II mentioned the Emperor's Children, a gigantic snake creature, and a hideously scarred Astartes.

I'd love to see the Emperor's Children come out in their own codex with Fulgrim gathering the band back together to cause some mischief somewhere.

He's done that in the lore already. Gathering Storm II mentioned the Emperor's Children, a gigantic snake creature, and a hideously scarred Astartes.

Yes, they mentioned them. Hardly a codex or fluff for what is actually going on.

It would be cool to see Necrons show up in force to take back/destroy tainted noctilith in order to close the Rift, though I do hope that if that happens it isn't just a quick "get off my lawn" scenario.

I hope the writers start coming around to the idea they can do more destructive and final stories in the new timeline, but the issue is they'd have to move away from named characters, which they dont want to do because of marketing/financial reasons. Vigilus could've been a good opportunity to move in the direction of finalized victories, and I'm disappointed they didn't seize it.

They don’t even have to move away from named characters. Calgar could have been curb stomped and teleported away or been dragged away while Abbadon was distracted. Abbadon then could have then turned around and won the rest of the battle with Calgar on the run. Likewise he could have even left Calgar alive but carved his name onto his forehead or something to humiliate Calgar. Then Calgar would have had to rip off his face, lol.

Then they could have had the Imperium retreat, and the next book would have been the Necrons trying to preserve the planet by hiding the stone in long ancient tombs. The war would have been over, chaos won, and for the time being the gate remains open simply because they have to find the stuff.

Or they could have just closed the gate. Or even better, turned the gate into a trap and left it open so they could just kill Imperials as they tried retaking it. They would transition into the system straight into a trap.

What's next? From Adepticon preview:

Starting later this year, we’ll be exploring the myriad war zones across the 41st Millennium. The battle for Vigilus was a pivotal one, but such is the dire state of the galaxy that it is just one of the war-torn planets on which the fate of the galaxy will be decided.

This war zone has brought us Primaris Marneus Calgar, the return of the Despoiler, and a huge host of Chaos Space Marines – just think what other war zones could bring…

The new information is that someone, somewhere in the galaxy is in a fight.

The new information is that we are getting something new this year already and don't have to wait for who knows how long.

The new information is that someone, somewhere in the galaxy is in a fight.

The new information is that we are getting something new this year already and don't have to wait for who knows how long.
Oh but we known half already.

It will be Ultramarines vs Someone

3 part book.

1-guard vs orks (primeork maybe some new infantry sculpt and guard infantry)

2-Space Marines arrive (Couple more primarized heroes,melee units and upgrade sprues

3- Angry Ron and Berzerkers!

4-??????

5- stalemate ;)

Is Warhammer Fest the next big thing for 40k (potentially)? Hopefully they reveals where the plot moves its focal point then. Just a lot of part 1 out of 2 campaigns could be started this year and then finished next year. If that were to happen how would you guys feel about that rather than something like Vigilus which "finished" and then they move on to a new one?

Edit: I also think the planet in the top left is Armageddon with Chosin looming in the foreground. The picture isn't great, but look at their orbits, they could end up in that position. Also Chosin looks like the moon in that picture. Armageddon doesn't have the Fire wastes visible, but maybe the picture is of the planet at an angle to not make it as obvious?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/1/10/ArmageddonSystem.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20130902045736

EDIT 2: Also note the pictures of those planets are simply taken from page 32 of the BRB

we now 'know' 3 armies coming out in the next year or so.....

Sisters, Slaanesh (EC) & Yannari*

*going on the thought that the WD index is a beta for their codex ....

So if they are saying worlds.... Then a Deathworlds supplement, bringing back terrain that kills you!

Sisters are this year though.

And I really wouldn't hold my breath for Ynnari. Crimson Fists and Assassins aren't getting their own Codex either.

we now 'know' 3 armies coming out in the next year or so.....

Sisters, Slaanesh (EC) & Yannari*

*going on the thought that the WD index is a beta for their codex ....

So if they are saying worlds.... Then a Deathworlds supplement, bringing back terrain that kills you!

@sfpanzer...

Sorry colloquial English there... 'in the next year' also means 'in the next 12 months'

The thought behind the Yannari is that they are a faction (just!) that needs fleshing out, so a WD list for feedback is a nice way of doing it without having to wait till December to add it to the CA.  The Crimson Fists are a sub faction who havent had their own codex.... and Assassins have always been a bit strange :p

Archived