Elite character usage

War Angel

What elite characters are you using? I just got my first Primaris approthicary and after I do some customizing (any ideas?) I plan on fielding it with the rest of my Primaris Marines. I also intend to use the Primaris ancient, as the banner is awesome, and I think he will add a nice feature to the units he hangs out with. Does anyone have any experience using them, or suggestions I should keep in mind while playing.

I still haven't built any old school tech Marines but sadly the added size of these new models just give them something extra that makes them stand out so well that i had to put everything else at the very back of my to doo list.

A neat and easy conversion I saw with the apothecary was to have a sword planted in the ground next to the downed marine, sort of like a memorial marker. As for playing with those two, ancients are good, with or without the relic banner, around single shot high damage infantry. Similarly the apothecary is great following stuff like agressors or Centurions into the thick of things since getting one of those guys back up means a sizeable portion of your fire base is back.

An Ancient is in pretty much each of my list. Also because the BA relic banner is pretty awesome for Primaris.

An Apothecary comes next, though I'm thinking about converting him into a Sanguinary Priest since they are pretty similar statline-wise and the +1S aura is great, so technically not an Elite character I guess. ^^

The Bearer is okay. I found him useful with my Templar’s as Anti-Charge Alpha. I.e I get charged, then even if I die I can still fight. It’s just requiring models to be within 6” to use it kinda sucks.

Archived