KR Multicase for super heavy tanks

Biscuittzz

I'm looking to invest in a case/tray for an upcoming Glaive superheavy that I'm planning on getting in the future.

Is there anyone on here that have used KR before for super heavies or baneblade equivalents and can recommend a certain tray? I don't have any of the tanks to hand so I don't know their exact dimensions to compare to trays. The closest I can see is the V1T tray but don't know how the actual tank fits inside it regarding length/width etc.

As an aside, while I'm a fan of the KR case system and their aluminium cases, I also like the battlefoam harder foam for larger models. Is it there a hard foam equivalent for the KR system (independent from them) as I know battlefoam trays themselves are incompatible?

I have used KR Multicases in the past, and having built and painted a Glave, and I would tell you I'm positive you'd be able to fit a glaive inside a full width tray, but not a half one even though it seems to fit a Shadowsword. 

I'm honestly a bit surprised that the halfwdith does fit a Shadowsword... They're not that much smaller are they? Are they shorter? Or is it the compacter sponsons? I could fit a Spartan on a halfwidth no problem, but I'm positive the Glaive would have needed more space...

Searching their site for 'fellblade' gives only the following tray https://www.krmulticase.com/product/trays/V1T as result, which is a full width, pluck out your own shapes tray. And seeing as this is the was the tray you originally asked about, Biscuittzz, You can be pretty confident that you will fit a glaive there, possibly with room for few other smaller miniatures.

But, I don't think you can get away with a smaller option though.

I think the Fellblade chassis tanks must be a little bit longer.

The Shadowsword tray is a snug fit but it works. The turret must be removable.

Thanks for the answers. It looks like the V1T is possibly the best option as the IG7 leaves little room to adapt if it is indeed bigger. I'll need to find some measurements and images of the tanks lined up so.

I've never used battlefoam so I can't say, but KR have been very good for me. I use their trays, card cases and carrier bags.

I really liked the look of battlefoam but for some reason found their website and tray selection overwhelming?

I've never used battlefoam so I can't say, but KR have been very good for me. I use their trays, card cases and carrier bags.

I really liked the look of battlefoam but for some reason found their website and tray selection overwhelming?

Kinda the reverse myself, the more overwhelmed I am with choice/ options the more interested and invested I can get. Battlefoam also has a custom tray creator so you can make what you want for your needs. That has been invaluable to me for storage for other miniature systems I have. 

If you don't mind looking at your purchasing decision from a different standpoint, here is a quick story about my brief experience with both companies customer service.

I was having trouble deciding between the Battlefoam and KR and they both were at a convention I attended.  Both booths were swamped.  I had a hard time getting information from Battlefoam and I left them a little flustered and went to the KR booth.  The gentleman (I believe the owner) was just as busy, but when I made it to the front of the line, took the time to sell me on his design and systems.  He even gave me a card case with foam to take back to my hotel room (without making me pay for it) to make sure one of my weird models would fit in it. I came back the next day and bought from him and have been a customer ever since.  

Also, for what it's worth, I have a Stormlord and it fits inside of the KR case very well.