Transport up for pre-order Saturday 29th

Belleros Energy Cannon! Finally an indirrect fire weapon. And a good one at that! Thanks GW

Here here.. i can get behind that version! 36" is acceptable especially with a Magos Manipulus nearby ;)  

I think the revealed hover rule all but rules out the ability to fly on the transport and unfortunately only T6.. but staying hopeful for some version of open-topped  alongside fair points! 

Belleros Energy Cannon! Finally an indirrect fire weapon. And a good one at that! Thanks GW

Yeah, I was happy to see an indirect fire option. I'm planning on making an ITC run and was exploring other options to test, including thunderfire cannons.

Now the points. So far so good.

Also the missiles are a surprise. D6 Shots. I was worried it would be 1 shot despite having more modeled ala the melta missiles from custodes jetbikes

Yes the missiles are a nice boost to. Deffo running two of these in ITC to remove those pesky mortar squads. And at T7, probably also being able to move and shoot its a nice unit (awaiting points).

Well what they have is .... Ok .... its a cool model but its either going to have to be very cheap ... or have somthing else to it .... right now its a worse rhino .

If its any more than a Rhino its disappointing. Both carry 10, both move 12. Rhini has 2 less wounds but more T, Rhino has less firepower

Although referred to as a "Hover Platform", it doesn't say "fly" rule, or the anti-charge mechanism. 

The tank actually seems a better fit for my lists. Indirect is something I'd really like, but the range is short, so unless it has fly, this thing is going to get tapped in cc a lot. But I can honestly see this replacing my Onagers if the price is right. Points would be fantastic to know.

Yeah the indirect fire tank could be very interesting, if the point costs are right. Might be what Admech firebases need to be competitive, since their main problem always have been outscoring their opponent. Indirect fire could take out objective grabbers that are out of sight from your main sources of firepower.

I feel a bit envious about the Marine tank getting a Neutron Laser +1 but I suppose the Disintegrator's rules emphasize mobility over range. I'm not sure what I'd want the tank to do mainly because my army hasn't made it to the gaming table, so I don't really know what it's missing. I just know I like the model because of how strange it is, and it reminds me of the cool hover tanks I used to build in the RTS Warzone2100. 

wztanks

I feel a bit envious about the Marine tank getting a Neutron Laser +1 but I suppose the Disintegrator's rules emphasize mobility over range. I'm not sure what I'd want the tank to do mainly because my army hasn't made it to the gaming table, so I don't really know what it's missing. I just know I like the model because of how strange it is, and it reminds me of the cool hover tanks I used to build in the RTS Warzone2100.

I get the feeling. I approach it slightly different which is our dunecrawler equipped is 117 for d3 shots (potentially half or more of the damage output) at a cost significantly less than half (I'm assuming)

For those talking about range you can add a Manipulus to make it 42". It will more than likely have move and shoot without penalty.

For those comparing the price in actual money to a Rhino i believe its a dual kit so you should be comparing it to a predator

I just want to know points but that aside..... I can’t afford both the new Repulsor and Skorpius so I’m thinking of ordering three of these. Potentially thinking 2 tanks and one transport ( just really wish I knew if it was open topped and or had fly?

I just want to know points but that aside..... I can’t afford both the new Repulsor and Skorpius so I’m thinking of ordering three of these. Potentially thinking 2 tanks and one transport ( just really wish I knew if it was open topped and or had fly?

By the time the preorders go up we will probably know all the rules

Please let it run in a squadron, I have no Heavy slots open for the tank, it will definitely be better in my eyes if I can take three of them instead of a single Crawler.

Yep, sounds useful.

The transport not having a penalty for moving heavy weapons is good news, as that thing will want to move. Now there's absolutely no reason to consider not moving. T6 is a bummer, but it still has 3+ armour. With so few S6 weapons around, it's as hard to scratch as a rhino except for S7 weaponry. At least it should be on the cheaper side of things due to T6 and almost-free weaponry.

The tank seems useful at first glance. I see no reason it shouldn't have the Hover Platform rule too (considering it is the exact same platform), meaning it does have an effective range of 48" in the worst case. A Manipulus seems counter productive - this thing wants to move, apply pressure and evade CC (besides capping objectives), and getting +6" range at the cost of 12" movement doesn't make sense, unless it needs a pit stop.

As for the weaponry, I'd probably stick with the Ferrumite cannon (depending on points of course). Perfect to blast T7 vehicles apart, synergizes well with the missile launcher (roll Ferrumite first, then missiles for potentially strat-rerolling the number of shots) and if all goes well it downs a vehicle per turn. Otherwise still useful to kill tougher multiwound infantry. If the tank has the Skitarii keyword (would be logical with that crew) it could also use the strat for +2 BS, and be the perfect anti aircraft weapon (applying a lot of multi-damage).

The energy cannon fills a niche, but at 12" move I'd guess they can still get LoS on something useful. Considering our plentiful anti chaff weaponry, the sheer strength and damage of the Ferrumite cannon seems better to me, though it only has half the shots on average. As said, it all depends on the points cost.

I feel a bit envious about the Marine tank getting a Neutron Laser +1 but I suppose the Disintegrator's rules emphasize mobility over range.

The marine tank has its own drawbacks, mainly cost and missing special stuff. Our onagers are dirt cheap, have FW bonus/canticles/invul/great strat/option to explode, and the marine tank only has T8 and a few more wounds, but will cost as much as 2 or 3 onagers. Seriously, our current predator equivalent has absolutely every desirable bonus besides T8 and FLY.

Please let it run in a squadron, I have no Heavy slots open for the tank, it will definitely be better in my eyes if I can take three of them instead of a single Crawler.

Considering how cheap it is to run a double Btl with AdMech - 3 onagers, 3 hovertanks. Problem solved, dakka acquired, CP increased. Unless you want to run bots/dakkachickens too, then it does start to get crowded.

I would have loved the drive slow = double shots.

Not sure how I feel about these. I’m wondering how to incorporate these into my army. Depending on the capacity and open topped I may put a full load of vanguard in there, to drop some shots on the way in.

The tank is interesting looks like it can threaten a wide range of targets so that’s a bonus.

I’ll definitely be getting some, not sure how many or in what capacity though.

I feel a bit envious about the Marine tank getting a Neutron Laser +1 but I suppose the Disintegrator's rules emphasize mobility over range.

The marine tank has its own drawbacks, mainly cost and missing special stuff. Our onagers are dirt cheap, have FW bonus/canticles/invul/great strat/option to explode, and the marine tank only has T8 and a few more wounds, but will cost as much as 2 or 3 onagers. Seriously, our current predator equivalent has absolutely every desirable bonus besides T8 and FLY.

Don't get me wrong, the Onager is a very useful tool, it's just a bit annoying that the tank gets to fire a longer range weapon more often. It wasn't a major complaint from me, just a little disappointment from first impressions. The stable firing platform of this hovercraft combined with a decent range for the first option means these could be really handy. It's just a shame that the rules no longer take vehicle directional facing into account since this tank might be hitting a lot more side and rear armour than our Onagers. :)

The biggest problem I have with these is that they look set to inflict crippling damage to my wallet with pinpoint accuracy.

Would there be any synergy between these tanks and Ironstriders? People have generally argued that Onagers are the superior choice, but with a potentially more mobile army would they become more desirable?

Agreed, but double shots make more sense on an elite or heavier tank. The new primaris tank will land somewhere around the 300p mark, that's more reasonable to expect such a rule. Also it does need something to differenciate it from the current Repulsor (which can take enough lascannons too) so people will buy it despite its cost.

Onagers in contrast are essentially Sentinels on steroids, they still class as light tanks in my book. Skitarii are mass-produced tech guard - their stuff may be of more esoteric design, but they are still expendable and not anywhere near the toughness of "heavy" armies. Same for our hovertank - the transport ferries 8ppm models around. The tank is considered fast firepower. That's neither heavy nor elite, and certainly not the Grinding Advance type of vehicle.

Our wallets may cry, but if points permit, these things will give us decent options for fast-moving parking lots and the mobility we have wanted for so long. At least moving 12" and firing without penalty is far beyond of what most factions get - we can't have every possible bonus, this is not Eldar. And focussing on a single missing bonus is a bit short-sighted - playing astartes too, I'd consider our amount of special rules not bad at all. Just compare let's say the Predator with the Onager, and you'll notice why astartes are a mediocre faction except for very few power combos based on bubblehammer.

And Ironstriders - actually, no idea. I never considered them, as they're sorta made to move, but moving and firing doesn't go well together with the penalty (unless you spend CP just so it can do what it is intended to do), and their range means they don't need to move, but then you could just go for onagers instead...sounds almost as confused as LandRaiders/Repulsors.

As someone who has xenos armies (nids, eldar), the admech are incredibly intriguing. I agree with MajorNese’s classification of mass produced tech guard. Onagers, this transport and tank all ignore penalties for moving and shooting. They have specialized weapons which allow them to serve a purpose, which depending on your situation helps, but we don’t pay a premium for the quality we get. I love not sitting still. In tournaments being able to not feel handcuffed by conflicting rules (e.g., Cadian/dark angel/hive fleet Kronos’ re roll 1s to hit if you didn’t move) is liberating. Obviously this will depend on points but there are some interesting concepts for Mechanized AdMech

I myself like what i see and will incorporate this very well into my army ... happy ad-mech player here :wub:

Cheers, Mithril

Definitely agree... no matter the outcome of points or other rules, we have had some new units / detachments added to our army here and there this year. It's been exciting to say the least. We're not hard done by as Ad Mech players! 

I myself like what i see and will incorporate this very well into my army ... happy ad-mech player here :wub:

Cheers, Mithril

Definitely agree... no matter the outcome of points or other rules, we have had some new units / detachments added to our army here and there this year. It's been exciting to say the least. We're not hard done by as Ad Mech players! 

Very true. We have been slowly drip-fed releases over time. We are not being neglected like some armies were, it does make me wonder what else is in the pipeline for this faction. That heavy Skitarii mentioned in the concept art may not be that far off. Regardless, new hover tanks and new transports are great as far as I'm concerned. I'm just going to have to figure out how to store these new tanks. :D

I'm just going to have to figure out how to store these new tanks.

How to transport the transports? Or how to transport the transport's transports?

For the shooty ones, I'll probably use the servitor's stubbers in place of the side-mounted, and have them shoot straight ahead instead of to the sides. Side stubbers on the transport may have to be magnetized. Data tethers will be shortened, additional crew might stay inside the tank. Streamlines the outlines quite a bit and makes transporting the transport/tank easier.