What’s on YouTube while you paint?

War Angel

I like to watch battle reports (preferably with space marines so I can try to learn from their mistakes or anything’s good try do) or occasionally tactica, (mordian glory has 200+ videos on guard) but I’m running out of videos. So what do you watch while you paint?

Is there any good video playlist for space marines? I can only find the odd video of a codex review.

I watch Man At Arms: REFORGED, wherein they make swords from games, including Warhammer.  They made a Chainsword once.

The reason is, I'm making stuff, they're making stuff, it keeps me in the mood to make stuff.  And I find the sound of steady hammering soothing.

They've made like a gazillion weapons and videos now, so in case this is your jam, you're not going to run out.  Link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUUGFk1wE5OFOpfPz3ggXQrCSdQdFEslx

EXCELLENT QUESTION!

For my part: I tend to listen to a few channels where I line up vids from:

Yong Yea

Cleanprincegaming

LegacyKillaHD

Today I Found Out

Kings and Generals

GrimDarkNarrator

Tabletop Minions

Spacedock

Lore Reloaded

EckhartsLadder

and sometimes Looper because their lists are fun

But that's just me.

^_^

Joe Rogan. Or Bill Burs podcast. Or if the long war guys have a new podcast up I haven't heard yet. Pain Killer Already if I haven't watched it playing Destiny or while working.

Or I got Justified or something playing on Amazon prime. Or I listen to my Ron White, Lewis Black, Sam Kineson "channels" on Pandora.

Edit: Yong yea, cleanprice and legacykilla are gaming industry/critique channels (videogames), today I found out is trivia stuff, he has biographics too.

Tabletop minions is a miniatures channel leaning towards hobby side of things and inspirational.

Spacedock, eckharts ladder and lore reloaded are sci-fi lore channels, lore reloaded centers around Star trek, spacedock gets into the "technical manuals" type stuff for ships from numerous shows and eckharts ladder does Star wars, Star trek Halo and such.

Edited by Trevak Dal

I don't use YouTube, rather the Adult Swim app, but they have a marathon setting where it just loops certain series. Lately I've been setting it a lot to The Venture Brothers because I paint best when I'm barely paying attention to what's on, and I've seen it quite a few times.

Garage Gaming

Guerilla Wargaming

Grim Resolve

Hellstorm Gaming

Nights at the Gaming Table

SkaredKast

Striking Scorpion 82

Table Top Tactics

The Glacial Geek

Twisted Dice

Warhammer TV

Edited by Black Blow Fly

I tend to listen to endless playlists of music videos when painting. I watch a lot of what race Bannon listed when I'm paying attention. I don't multitask well so I don't tend to put on many videos of anything that might divert my attention when I'm actually painting.

I was grouting my bathroom last week (not quite hobby) and had valrak' s videos on in the background, which I enjoy. Also ITEHATTSD is funny.

I found it hard to find consistently good battle reports. Miniwargaming used to put out tons of videos but I saw a couple of vids with a chap called Matt with an extreme internet list vs kid of the week with his whole (balanced) collection, subsequently getting tabled, and it put me off.

I don't think gw do battle report videos but they should, their painting videos are really great.

I love Valrak's videos.

Its like having a like minded Brother across the "pond" that sadly chose the wrong Primarch ;)

I just wish more of the videos were half hour instead of 15 minutes.

Fun stuff, great passion for the game.

I like Valrak's videos, but I'd personally love to know why he can't pronounce 'Primaris' (he always says 'Primeeris' not 'PrimARis')

Valrak?

For the same reason when I pronounce some A sounds I sound like Janice from friends. Dialect.

It's not dialect. I'm from the same part of the world as him and he pronounces it different to everyone I know. I think Valrak just likes to be different :).

I found it hard to find consistently good battle reports. Miniwargaming used to put out tons of videos but I saw a couple of vids with a chap called Matt with an extreme internet list vs kid of the week with his whole (balanced) collection, subsequently getting tabled, and it put me off.

Yeah, that's a whole thing they do. Some batrep videos are the normal ones, and they have another segment called "Beat Matt". The general idea is that Matt runs crazy strong lists and takes challengers who try to beat him with whatever they want to bring.

It's sort of a game show type thing.

I don't like painting in silence, prefer some sound in the background and tend to listen to the following

Tabletop Minions

Fritz40k

Kings & General

Biographics

Foundflix

The Exploring Series

Luetin09

Spacedock