Space Marines in Apocalypse

A couple of my friends and I are going to start using the new Apocalypse rules, but with models at the 6mm scale (so basically we're playing Epic). For the time being, I'm more or less the only one who's buying models (yay disposable income!). So I'm starting with just buying a bunch of Space Marines.

Having not played the new Apoc yet, how well do Space Marines fare with this new rule system? Any suggestions/ideas/comments that would help with tactics/purchases/etc.?

I watched a game being played and Astartes look very good. Granted they were actually Primaris and the player was also using two Executioner Repulsors, two Regular ones and two Redemptors.

Well, we played some small apoc games at Warhammer day here at the Virginia Beach store, and from what I can see, Apocalypse rules are a good system for upper echelon conventional warfare. The way the store owner explained it, you activate detachments instead of units, you issue each detachment an order (move and advance, move and shoot/fight, stand and aim, etc), and commanders have to stay with/near their detachment. There is initiative each turn, the player who won can choose to go first or second, then after both players have gone, that is when wounds are tallied, saves are made, and models are removed. So the devastating alpha strike is gone, or at least now all but sacrificial, because the unit(s) you attacked will shoot/chop you to death before they die. Also, each weapon has a strenght vs personel and a strength vs tanks, and monsters (Guilliman, Nortarion, Magnus) now count as tanks, so they are safe from poison weapons. We theorized that you could play a 2000 point game of regular 40K in under an hour with these rules. However, there are some things I do not like. Foremost is that you have to build an entire detachment for a single purpose, shooting, moving, assault, etc. It encourages me to build a mobile battalion as a core, and bring the fire support in a Spearhead, so they can just sit there and shoot. I truly think they had Apocalypse rules in mind when designing the Primaris marines.

Foremost is that you have to build an entire detachment for a single purpose, shooting, moving, assault, etc. It encourages me to build a mobile battalion as a core, and bring the fire support in a Spearhead, so they can just sit there and shoot. I truly think they had Apocalypse rules in mind when designing the Primaris marines. 

Interesting news ... for me at least ... that is pretty much how I prefer to make armies work in the forst place. Admittedly I prefer to use a unit of Infiltrators with two other Troop choices but interesting none the less :)