Zahndrek, Vargard and a Veil of Darkness

jgascoine011

Can this tactic be used?

Take Zahndrek, vargard and another HQ like a cryptek with the veil of darkness.

Use the veil to teleport himself and Zahndrek 9" away from a enemy unit.

The use Vargard to teleport himself and say, a unit of Lynchguard 6" away from Zahndrek and 3" away from the enemy unit.

Turn 1 charge...LOL

It sure can. It can also be supported with the Deceiver's Grand Illusion ability and/or fast moving Tomb Blades, and Nephrekh Wraiths using the adaptive subroutines stratagem might be able to get there for a T1 charge as well.

It would definitely be something I'm building into a list if I went down this road. Full on alpha strike list:

Zandrekh w. VeilTek

Obryon w. 10x Lychguard

Deceiver with Monolith + however many other units come along with Grand Illusion roll, use Dimensional Corridor to pull another unit start of T1

Personally I would favour a 20 Warrior blob and two squads of tesla Immortals as my Troop core, which brings all this to 1700 points. 300 left to spend how you please, maybe a pair of Doom Scythes, maybe some Wraiths in a Nephrekh Auxiliary Detachment using Adaptive Subroutines to keep up, maybe a bunch of Tomb Blades, you get the point.

Anyone have the models and gumption to try it? I doubt we could hold the microscope too closely to its combat efficiency but you could take a few people by surprise I'd wager.