Tomb blade load out?

Beatnik cryptek

Tomb blades, what load out?

If MWBD worked on them tesla would be very good, as is unless you play a 2cp sautekh strategem on them you can't get a +1 to hit, and if you face an enemy with a negative to hit mod you never get the magic 6 that triggers the triple ht.

A gauss ap2 works on any hit roll.

When i eventually get some :happy.:  i'm probably going to run them as Gauss ....

This is an Excerpt from a Post Tyriks posted ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I feel like I've been saying this a lot lately, but if you like Gauss Immortals, try some Tomb Blades instead.

2 Immortals compared to one Tomb Blade with shieldvanes, the Tomb Blade has: +1T, almost three times as much movement, same shots, same wounds, and a penalty to be shot at for only 1 point more. I prefer Gauss on them because Tesla benefits so much more from MWBD that I want that on Immortals. 

They definitely seem better in larger squads. The penalty to hit and bonus Toughness makes them much more survivable than Immortals, but getting a few back from RP can change the game. So, make sure your squads are big enough to have some survivors. I really need to get more Tomb Blades.

EDIT: I truly think Tomb Blades are among the best units we have. They're very durable and fast, and aren't lacking in the lethality department. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cheers, Mithril

Does anyone take particle beamers on tomb blades?  They're 4 pts cheaper than gauss or tesla, have a higher strength than either and at 12+ they get more shots than gauss do.  They get less shots at 12+ than tesla but are not  affected by the inability to get MWBD. 

If you take a particle beamer, you can take a shadowloom for just 1 pt more than gauss or tesla and have a 5++ save which can keep a bike alive to enable RP.