build your own legio questions...

Rabenga

I'm trying to make a shooty legio that is predisposed to projectile weapons as opposed to energy weapons...there seems to be a lot of rules that give bonuses to energy weapons, but I'm having a hard time finding anything that is a bonus to ordanance weapons...any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to make a shooty legio that is predisposed to projectile weapons as opposed to energy weapons...there seems to be a lot of rules that give bonuses to energy weapons, but I'm having a hard time finding anything that is a bonus to ordanance weapons...any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to go 'lootin' wargear from other legio via Warchest. 

The Warmaster's Beneficence from Mortis or Static Rounds from Interfector could fit the bill.  Also Atarus, Krytos and Vulcanum have special warheads for their missile launchers.

Why not use the more defensive rules to keep your robots alive then?

Also so long as everything is clear to your opponent why not make some proxy guns that look like kinetic weapons but use the plasma or laser blaster rules?

That’s Senior Fajita. 

Anyway the titan legios are very old and some probably had older versions of guns they’ve lovingly maintained over the millennia. Take the melta cannons and chainfist I made last fall before the weapon sprues were shown off:

750FEF87 0881 4F68 9E54 161CF34659E5

IMG 0121

I knew from the 28mm titans what they looked like but I wanted something much older looking for some of my titans, especially the Princeps senioris.

I also don’t like the official models for the Gatling and quake cannons so I hacked together different pieces to proxy till I do full plastic conversions of what I really want. My quake cannon is a missile launcher and my Gatling cannon is a converted missile launcher with a Gatling barrel and a big magazine. My 3d printer at work isn’t great so I’m limited but so long as you make things clear to your opponent you can kinda make it what you want. 

Make a 3 barrel Gatling cannon muzzle like an Apache gun and build it into a laser blaster body with some 40k scale drum or box magazines to make a kinetic laser blaster. 

Make a a big frag cannon for a Reaver melta gun, there’s already a model for 40k dreadnoughts with a big belt fed chain of huge shells. Maybe even use the reaver melta heat shroud as part of the body of the gun to make it clear what it represents. 

The mechanicus discovered lots of older weapon designs during the Crusade so get creative!

Edited by Fajita Fan

@zhiv where is this at? I’ve been trying to look it up but I can’t find it anywhere. Also anyone have any idea about the build your own Legio in July’s white dwarf? I’m about ready to start painting my AT up and if it’s good I’ll get the white dwarf and make my own legio

@zhiv where is this at? I’ve been trying to look it up but I can’t find it anywhere. Also anyone have any idea about the build your own Legio in July’s white dwarf? I’m about ready to start painting my AT up and if it’s good I’ll get the white dwarf and make my own legio

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350885-at-chat-lists-and-conversions-for-all-stompy-robot-lovers/page-57?do=findComment&comment=5350475