New Necron Novella

NTaW

Just saw this making the rounds from a Warhammer Community article, figured I would share since there's a real lack of Necron literature. It could be an interesting light

Black-Library-July31-Severed9hnt.jpg

4 – Severed by Nate Crowley

Nate: “Everyone knows exactly what Necrons are like as villains – but how does it feel to be one? Severed answers this question from the perspective of Vargard Obyron – an elite, immortal warrior whose master has gone so mad he thinks he’s made of flesh and blood. It’s a story about loyalty, love and what it means to have a soul.”

It could be an interesting bit of light shone on sanity around the madness that Necron royalty are typically portrayed with, something I appreciate in writing about Necrons. In Revenant Crusade there were a few chapters from the perspective of a sane Cryptek dispatched to the world at the centre of the plot who had to deal with an insane Phaeron. It was very interesting reading how they worked with and around it and I'll definitely be reading this when it's released.

Edited by NTaW

Looks good. Is there a release date? We really need more Necron books!

Edit: I missed it on the first pass, but November. Are these sold together or separate?

Edited by Tyriks

Oh good catch NTaW, 

always fun to read about necrons... November huh :tongue.:  better go into stasis while i wait for it...

Mithril

++EDIT++ 

Dang it i just saw you have to buy em as a box set?... i guess i could use the AoS ones as toilet paper :laugh.:

Edited by mithrilforge

I think they will be sold individually, this is from the end of the article:

Like Series 1, these new novellas will be released as a collectable set of low-cost paperbacks, with each spine displaying a number so you know which ones you’re missing. These will be available for a limited time, so make sure you don’t miss out! They’ll also be available as eBooks

Why know which ones you're missing if they are sold as a set?

I think they will be sold individually, this is from the end of the article:

Like Series 1, these new novellas will be released as a collectable set of low-cost paperbacks, with each spine displaying a number so you know which ones you’re missing. These will be available for a limited time, so make sure you don’t miss out! They’ll also be available as eBooks

Why know which ones you're missing if they are sold as a set?

:happy.: Very true...Well i'm very happy to be wrong, as i'd only want about 2-3 of those tops...

Cheers, Mithril

I'm torn both ways... i really loved the old school necrons...mindless machines plodding across the battlefield killing without emotion,just following their last order...

and the here and now....:sweat:  machines stuck with very damaged/decayed minds in them... 

lets see what comes...

Mithril