Today in Titanicus I...

Finally got my hands on my Warmaster and Loyalist Legios book.

Have not done anything with the Warmaster yet, but am really liking having everything in one place in the Legios book!

When the Traitor Legios book comes out, we'll pretty much be able to play with only 3 books and still have ALL the bells and whistles.

Have not done anything with the Warmaster yet, but am really liking having everything in one place in the Legios book!

When the Traitor Legios book comes out, we'll pretty much be able to play with only 3 books and still have ALL the bells and whistles.

Assuming the Chaos tainted/Deamonically possessed Titans stuff that's been getting hints for a while manages to come out before/in the traitor book and isn't being saved for an even later (post-Heresy?)expansion...

Assuming the Chaos tainted/Deamonically possessed Titans stuff that's been getting hints for a while manages to come out before/in the traitor book and isn't being saved for an even later (post-Heresy?)expansion...

I don't know if it will come before/alongside the Traitor Legions book (although it does seem likely), but we absolutely do know that corrupted titans will be coming to 30k-era AT.

TIT I bounced back after a set back yesterday. I spent most of the day masking up the Warmaster, (a three colour stripey dazzle scheme) only to mess up spraying the last colour and it run everywhere, so much so that it necessitated a complete respray of the affected panels. (Of itself a pain, as I had to respray everything in the lightest blue, and it does NOT want to cover the others.)

However, what the abortive panels did demonstrate is that the scheme wasn't quite working as I wanted on the panels I messed up, and being forced to redo them probably means I won't be tempted to live with well-painted panels I wasn't happy with.

Fortunately, I had worked out mid spray that the last coat was going to bleed, so one of the shoulder panel sets was still salvageable, I flipped some colours around and am now much happier with how it's all going.

Over the weekend I finished my Traitor Warhound for Legio Tempestor, I'll get pics soon, not my greatest work, but looks decent, and will be good once I get the transfers on. That puts me at a Reaver and 2 Hounds for a Ferrox/Venator(?) maniple to get some games in. 

Last night I finished my Legio Atarus Warmaster! According to the lore they *probably* didn’t have any, but that still leaves a little wiggle room, right?! More (and better) photos to come when I have time, I’ll use them to revive my long-dormant Atarus string! In the meantime, may I introduce Semper Invicta;

yqWHa7T.jpg

Over the weekend I finished my Traitor Warhound for Legio Tempestor, I'll get pics soon, not my greatest work, but looks decent, and will be good once I get the transfers on. That puts me at a Reaver and 2 Hounds for a Ferrox/Venator(?) maniple to get some games in.

Pics as promised:

gallery_58096_16840_54567.jpg

gallery_58096_16840_201205.jpg

gallery_58096_16840_420892.jpg

Again, black and white stripes on the loyal members of the Legio, black and yellow on the traitors.

Today in Titanicus...I keep hearing rumours about GW bringing back Epic (at least the 30k version). Anybody have any more info on that?

From where? It's not too farfetched as an idea, given AT and AI already being huge investments in the scale, but those overtly hopeful wishes have been circulating for years without much support from the studio.

Not that small, with dozens of kits required per faction to get a proper Epic rolling (and 30k specific launch would be dumb, the world needs other things beyond marines as well). With xenos planes for AI being a thing, expansion into AT xenos is far likelier in upcoming years.

It’s a good point that FW would be writing off a lot of Xenos planes from epic if they made it 30k. Lots of opportunities, too. And while it’s true there’d be a lot of kits to make, the old system of making a sprue with loads of different stuff on it could still work.

On the other hand, FW arms to try really hard to limit its small-scale range to only replicate its own 28mm stuff, rather than GW’s. In AI only the dakkajet isn’t a FW design and in AT we only have the questoris knight. I don’t really know why this is, but if they follow the same approach for epic (if they ever do it) I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it in heresy so they could keep just using their own stuff.

Speaking to FW bods many years ago Epic was certainly their plan having slow grown the range through AT, AI and a Battle of Tallarn tank game (Which i think is now cancelled or just hypothetical tbh) but things have shifted considerably in the last few years so its entirely possible thats been delayed/abandoned/devoured in favour of Old world.

Im not sure, i think FW would have to do something pretty spectacular to make Epic work, its a popular scale/system but they ceded that ground to third parties and 3d printers yeeeears ago, so it wont be an easy win for them. I think itll wait until GW embraces selling STLs themselves a decade from now.

I think there'd be huge demand for a Forge World / GW Epic system, personally. It's true that Epic is well suited to 3d printing and third parties, but I think a lot of the people who have got 3d printed stuff would pick up a lot of the official models too. The upcoming Aeronautica release will give them a pretty good idea I reckon - if that flies off the shelves (as I expect it will), that's a strong indication that any Epic release would sell well, at least if they pick the right factions.

It's a big commitment though as Epic requires quite a lot more breadth in its range than AT or Aeronautica. For that reason alone I'd expect Epic to be a 30k game (although they didn't take that approach with Aeronautica - so who knows, really!). 

In Titanicus related stuff, I'm making gradual progress building my Warmaster. So many magnets! I'm also gradually painting up Reaver weapons for my Vulturum - mostly lasers for use in a Ferrox.