Today in Titanicus I...

Got my first Reaver done bar the basing! You can maybe see I cocked up the left leg shin armour - the dry fit it worked well and went over the inner ankle armour, but for sme reason just wouldn't sit properly when it came to stick in on last night leaving me with a gap in the front. Live and learn.

gallery_58096_16840_156109.jpg

gallery_58096_16840_6251.jpg

gallery_58096_16840_58378.jpg

Magnets everywhere so has some poseability/ease of transport.

Edited by Xenith

Looking good mate. I do like that colour scheme. No idea why I didn't go with that one myself. Oh well, there's always 'another maniple' :D

Make sure you have the right leg armour in the right place. There are two different types of shin armour. One has more space for the side piston. These bits are meant to go on the inside. So maybe you got them muddled up? I know have!

Today I start work on a Warmaster Titan. While also wondering if the Fureans trait can be used to (potentially, if the dice love me) make for an endless cavalcade of rolling.

Elaborate on the trait, what cavalcade do you mean?

I may be misunderstanding the rules or missing an FAQ, but here goes.

Warlord with a volcano cannon, and using the Advanced Rules. The weapon is Draining. So I must roll a reactor die before resolving the shot. If that comes up blank or Machine Spirit (Fureans trait), I make a command check to avoid awakening the Machine Spirit. If I fail, I get to pick the result (Fureans again). So I pick Wrathful, and nominate the volcano cannon to fire. So I roll the die again. If the dice have a sense of humour, this could go on for a bit. And if it does, do I suddenly have a several volcano shots to resolve?

Edited by Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

So while you can generate infinite rolls up until I think your reactor melts down, the awakened machine spirit result interupts the action you were attempting to perform. So you'd only ever result in one volcano cannon shot.

So, I started building my Warmaster today. This thing is HUUUUUUGE, it's not "the size of a 40k Knight", it's EVEN BIGGER:
RNiiQc8.jpg

While the Questoris Knight is slightly hunched forwards due to the pose, the Warmaster's eye-level would still be slightly higher than a fully-upright 40k-scale Questoris class Knight.

Edited by Gederas

Egads that's awesome! What is it like to build? Lots of little fiddly bits or is it fairly straight forward? Room for Magnets? etc etc...

My stuff was posted yesterday so I might get it today or tomorrow. Not that it matters as I'm now working a 77hour week so wont be doing much in the way of hobby!

Got my first Reaver done bar the basing! You can maybe see I cocked up the left leg shin armour - the dry fit it worked well and went over the inner ankle armour, but for sme reason just wouldn't sit properly when it came to stick in on last night leaving me with a gap in the front. Live and learn.

gallery_58096_16840_156109.jpg

gallery_58096_16840_6251.jpg

gallery_58096_16840_58378.jpg

Magnets everywhere so has some poseability/ease of transport.

Congrats on your first engine. Reavers are a total pain unfortunately. The leg armour will often fail to fit on if there's any kind of angle in the ankle joint. What's happened here is that by tilting the foot up on the inside of the leg you've moved that piston up, so it is now clashing with the armour there.

You do have some options for a fix. The best thing is probably to shave bits off the top of the piston's armour plate and the leg armour piece at the place where they meet. The other would be (if you can) to remove the foot entirely, make it straighter against the leg but angled against the base, and fill under it. You can also muck around bending toes to make a more natural look for this sort of thing. Or of course you can just leave it.

Egads that's awesome! What is it like to build? Lots of little fiddly bits or is it fairly straight forward? Room for Magnets? etc etc...

My stuff was posted yesterday so I might get it today or tomorrow. Not that it matters as I'm now working a 77hour week so wont be doing much in the way of hobby!

I'm at about the same build point as that picture and it's pretty simple to get there...if you want it to be. The kit is basically soft keyed to a standing pose which takes the frustration of dry fitting the legs away, but if you want to shave off the the small pegs you can go wild. There aren't very many fiddly bits, but there is a lot of cleaning because of how theyre attached to the sprue; each toe has 4 connection points for example.

These are pictures I took before I touched up the gold, mega bolter and finished off the void shields but you get the idea. First AT model I painted, I have no idea about the rules or weapons, choose this weapon loadout because I bought a real warhound last week on impulse so used this miniature as a test model for the big one.

20210417_095914.jpg?width=380&height=67620210417_095901.jpg20210417_095849.jpg?width=380&height=67620210417_095836.jpg?width=380&height=67620210417_095819.jpg?width=380&height=676

Pic of base

20210417_082108.jpg?width=1202&height=6720210417_0821330.jpg?width=380&height=67

So, I started building my Warmaster today. This thing is HUUUUUUGE, it's not "the size of a 40k Knight", it's EVEN BIGGER:

RNiiQc8.jpg

While the Questoris Knight is slightly hunched forwards due to the pose, the Warmaster's eye-level would still be slightly higher than a fully-upright 40k-scale Questoris class Knight.

and how good are the toes' poseability? I noticed that they're actually separate pieces on the sprue looking at the website's store page.

part of me want to have a mid-step hanging foot on mine once it arrives.

I'm at about the same build point as that picture and it's pretty simple to get there...if you want it to be. The kit is basically soft keyed to a standing pose which takes the frustration of dry fitting the legs away, but if you want to shave off the the small pegs you can go wild. There aren't very many fiddly bits, but there is a lot of cleaning because of how theyre attached to the sprue; each toe has 4 connection points for example.

I've finished building mine and yeah. It's fairly straightforward to build, as Skimask said, the legs are soft keyed to a standing pose (there's pegs inside the knees that lock it in the pose I've built mine in) and the toes also have pegs to make them flat.

it has points for magnets in the upper arm like the Warlord (same size as the Warlord) as well as the carapace point defence turrets (and you can do four of each design). The "armpit guns" require more in-depth magnet work, as you can cut the pegs off the secondary slots and then glue magnets inside the points where you'd normally attach them.

and how good are the toes' poseability? I noticed that they're actually separate pieces on the sprue looking at the website's store page.

part of me want to have a mid-step hanging foot on mine once it arrives.

You can shave off the pegs for the toes basically do any pose until the toes are fully down. You have the ability to do a lot of posability for a unit that's likely not very mobile :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

it has points for magnets in the upper arm like the Warlord (same size as the Warlord) as well as the carapace point defence turrets (and you can do four of each design). The "armpit guns" require more in-depth magnet work, as you can cut the pegs off the secondary slots and then glue magnets inside the points where you'd normally attach them.

I’ve opted for a more mobile pose, just summoning the courage to try and glue the legs and groin together and try it out!

On the shoulder magnets, it’s interesting to note that the apocalypse missile array (or whatever it’s called) has a different connection, going straight into the shoulder arm turret. The others are all options for plugging into a drum that goes in the same place as the apoc missiles. So it’s relatively straightforward to magnetise the rest of the guns, but the apoc missiles is a different issue. Anyone come up with a clever way of leaving all of them as options?

I’ve opted for a more mobile pose, just summoning the courage to try and glue the legs and groin together and try it out!

On the shoulder magnets, it’s interesting to note that the apocalypse missile array (or whatever it’s called) has a different connection, going straight into the shoulder arm turret. The others are all options for plugging into a drum that goes in the same place as the apoc missiles. So it’s relatively straightforward to magnetise the rest of the guns, but the apoc missiles is a different issue. Anyone come up with a clever way of leaving all of them as options?

I'm looking at this now myself. I guess one option might be to carefully saw the front off the missile launcher so it can stick on the same connector bit as the others. The alternative would be to magnetise both pieces so the whole gun could be removed from the socket. You'd need to take the nubs off the side of the hinge bit and probably put something like 2x1mm magnets at that point. You'd get through an awful lot of magnets that way, of course, though the hinge sockets would take a magnet easily, saving some work.

That's my preference. And I saw someone on AT2018 pull it off.

Controversial opinion however. The Apocs are so bad as to not be worth the effort?

maybe so. They’re the cheapest option though and that makes them worth considering.

I’d agree if we were talking about the flamers or, sadly, the meltas. Those really don’t have any use at all.

That's my preference. And I saw someone on AT2018 pull it off.

Controversial opinion however. The Apocs are so bad as to not be worth the effort?

I have Atarus, and given the new rules for Infernus missiles, I’m tempted to run them on the Warmaster for up to 5 void saves every attack, times 2, plus the bonus fire damage. It’s pushing up the points by 25/50, but if you’re spending 1600 anyway, it might be okay.

Now, obviously that’s an Atarus option, but they’ve updated Infernus to apply to AMA as well as the existing weapons, so there may be other missile upgrades that are worthwhile for the Warmaster.

Without that, I think I agree the only good reason to take AMA is to save on points.

Yeah Atarus should almost certainly take infernus missiles x2. It massively increases the threat range of the Titan. Being able to one-shot titans at 30” instead of 20 is a very big difference. It probably kills something a turn sooner.

I agree. The real decision now is whether to glue on the nipple tassel banners, or not...

(The tiny crotch banner is a definite no...)