Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

So, to add some fuel to the rumour fire, here's a pic my local Warhammer Store (hype, we just got rebranded) posted for a mini available during the shop's anniversary which is due soon :68777500_2984343224971291_76187204105189

• vs ork - check
  • primaris with chainsword - check
Now, I'll admit that I'm not following the primaris releases closely and that this pic is about a month old, but maybe there's more to this model than meet the eye.

It's my local store birthday today so I'm heading in to buy that model!

There are chainswords on the blood angels upgrade sprue but that's the first one that is designed with chainsword primarily. I find it interesting that tacticus is used for all the special edition models and often with melee weapons but it hasn't translated to a tacticus assault unit yet.

If the impulsor had been able to carry 12 or 14 I would have bet on crusader squads coming back but as it is they would be limited in size unless they came with yet another new tank. Hence I am sceptical of any return of Templars rumour in the near future.

I do think the codex supplement route is a good way to go for all chapters as it allows kits brought out with a new book to be picked up by most players, which is good business sense. Never did understand why they didn't make cataphracti available to say blood angels from the get go.

I could see a character and an upgrade sprue for Templars to test the water but I think it would sell the faction short as really you want the full tabard look.

Not just a shameless self plug of my own painted minis, but here's that mini, and a squad whose sergeant is using the Blood angel chainsword.

gallery_65134_15160_205144.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_545339.jpg

There's also a chainsword in the space wolf upgrade, but if memory serves it looked decidedly wolfy, while the BA one is completely plain and suits anyone.

Though really, you can pretty much use mark 7 arms as well because they're very similiar, only the wrists really look different (especially on mk10 arms with wrist computers and the like).

But what we really need is the ability to take the damn things en masse.

Edited by Reinhard

I keep forgetting the one Primaris Marine in the new Codex under our section, is listed as being "Brother Ludolphus, 3rd Crusader Squad, Armageddon Crusade"

Makes me reevaluate the box rumors somewhat. It's a litle too on the nose to be a simple mistake?

It would be more on the nose if the 8.0 codex hadn't had exactly the same description

Honestly I’d be happy if we don’t get any new models. It would be exciting if we do, but as long as we have new rules and extra exciting stratagems I’m happy.

We can always model our Templar to look bad ass.

I’m hoping tomorrow might give us some clarity as to what we can expect.

If two new supplements be are announced we can probably filter out some rumours.

If not, still room for speculation.

My guess is probably the other space marine kits.

Edited by Brother Talarian

I don't know if I want a new sprue, to be honest, in so far as our current one is so full of content for 25€ that I fear what's been typically seen (i.e. not even 10 shoulder pads, an arm and a couple of heads for 10€) will be a bit of a let down.

But then again, we were absolutely spoiled in that respect. I don't think any chapter ever really got that level of attention.

That sprue is ancient, just like all of our stuff, and needs an update, plain and simple. I'll take a smaller sprue with sharper new details over the old one any day (and if you're afraid the old one will go away, why not just stock up on it?)

I might not have been clear. You're quite right in saying it's ancient, the gun arms are a poor fit on current models and the details would be better now. But that's not my argument, which was purely on content/value for money. And yes, as you've pointed if I care for it I can stock up.

That sprue is ancient, just like all of our stuff, and needs an update, plain and simple. I'll take a smaller sprue with sharper new details over the old one any day (and if you're afraid the old one will go away, why not just stock up on it?)

I might not have been clear. You're quite right in saying it's ancient, the gun arms are a poor fit on current models and the details would be better now. But that's not my argument, which was purely on content/value for money. And yes, as you've pointed if I care for it I can stock up.

I'm saying I'm willing to take that hit in content/value for money, since I perceive increased value in sharper details and newer sculpts. The increase in quality is that significant.

But yeah, our views differ.

so what are people's thoughts on the slap chaplain?

jump pack chaplain w/ benediction of fury (+2 strength, -2 ap, 3 damage) plus Imperium's sword trait (+1 attacks/str) plus mantra of strength (+1 attacks/strength/damage), total cost 90 points? strength 8, ap -2 (-3 if assault doctrine), 4 damage each attack, 5 attacks. plus the relic's mortal wound ability but its very rare to trigger.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier