Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

Well, I won't be done until it's confirmed what we get or don't get. It's disappointing that no character is getting updated. It's deeply concerning that there has been zero rumors for a new model. But I won't lose interest before it's confirmed to be another dud.

Too early for model rumors I think. We'll get some closer to release. It's at least a month away, so plenty of time for leaks to show up

I disagree that it's too early, the rumors for adrax and Tor Garadon were out for a while before the release, we knew about the iron father the better part of this year. Sure we haven't got much concrete actual model rumors for for example the space wolf VS ork box. Ragnar was tossed around once or twice. Not much, but more than complete silence, like with us. In fact our only rumors are negative ones, no hlbrecht, no grimaldus, no champion. Its not a death sentence to possible model support, but it's still 'deeply concerning'

I'm quite happy that there is no new primaris EC or Grimaldus. I don't mind completely new characters, like named captain or Lt, for those who like primaris, but not a replacement for existing models (yes, I know that space marines will be replaced by primaris sooner or later).

With current model range there are ways to build both marines and primaris armies, and our old upgrade sprue is still decent enough, and SM codex is really bloated already. We have 3 characters (only Ultramarines have more), unique troops choise and the biggest upgrade box with three sprues, that's more than vanilla chapters have. So I only want rules, not models, and if we'll get something that's on par with Scars, I'm good with that.

Jury's still out on whether or not we will truly get nothing again. There's been a bit too many winks and such thrown our way for this just to be them ripping our rules out and putting them in a more expensive book shared with a bunch of heretics. I refuse to believe there is nothing else to this, but the lack of something concrete is just so tiring.

Well, I won't be done until it's confirmed what we get or don't get. It's disappointing that no character is getting updated. It's deeply concerning that there has been zero rumors for a new model. But I won't lose interest before it's confirmed to be another dud.

GW have been VERY tight on rumours... all of them have come from either the WHC sneek peeks OR leaks somewhere along the manufacturing /delivery chain....

example - Arcoflagents in the SoB box - leak from a china webstore

Jain Zar - some one put the box art up on warhammerart.com a month early...

so yeah as book 1 has just been released its far too early for any rumours about models alighted with book 2

Edited by Slasher956

I stated this before the placement of the BT in this book is likely to get BT more visibility.  To build more interest with others besides the die hard fans aka the new buyer as that is who GW has historically targeted.

I had little faith in seeing minor BT model support as it really would not do much to help BT without a pairing of a number of the models as Primaris.  In my opinion you would need to have one of the named characters, the EC and a version of Primaris Crusader squad to do a ok base.

Right now GW current primaries release model is to trickle out the Primaris range over an extended amount of time.  This produces the largest amount of sales of people buying this artificially created rarity. If GW had dumped the full primaris range all at once they would have sold far less then the current model.

First time I've heard of any rumor for anything at all. Who's made them? I mean anyone can wishlist, and someone else can retell it and suddenly it's a rumor. Is there any stock at all to this cc rumor? (I realize all rumors are by definition unreliable, so I guess I am asking if anyone with any track record has corroborated this rumor?) Would it better to look at this release as potentially a release that brings out a generic cc unit that everyone can use, rather than something specific for us?

Has anyone worked out why Kikasstou knows so much? Why is he the oracle?

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say he is in charge of - or in contact with someone in charge of - the french translation of the PA2 book. It would explain why he would have in-depth details about rules and such, but limited to no knowledge on models except for the fact that there isn't a primaris character (which can be infered from the datasheet).

He certainly has not elaborated on how he obtained the information - likely to protect his source, if that stuff wasn't leaked deliberately.

That's a good theory. I don't believe GW would leak deliberately in this manner. (I'm yet to be convinced they leak deliberately at all.)

It also leaves the chances of an upgrade sprue decent, as they wouldn't have a datasheet for him to see.

So, I talked privately to our french source, he's asked that - within reason and if at all possible - all leaks are not centralised in one post and not directly associated with his nickname and the forum where he posts, in an effort to make it less likely that his source be identified. Keep it fuzzy as much as possible.

So, I talked privately to our french source, he's asked that - within reason and if at all possible - all leaks are not centralised in one post and not directly associated with his nickname and the forum where he posts, in an effort to make it less likely that his source be identified. Keep it fuzzy as much as possible.

Copy that.

Well, I've read somewhere that if a crusader squad has an equal ratio of initiates/neophytes, they get +1 to hit.

And there might be a relic that could potentially allow you to designate a unit 6" from the bearer and have it take the assault doctrine for the phase.

No, Talledus will be a planet. I am very sure (not confirmed by anyone).

System to be more precise, Talledus will be a bunch of different planets with conflicts on many different fronts with a bastion world that will hold the name of the overall system. For example, Vigilus:

611px-VigilusSystem.jpg