New Space Marines codex and YOU

Neuralshock

So i looked trow the new Codex and the FAQs

Now i can say

We get nothing from it

No point adjustment

Our Chaplains don't have litanais

We don't get Combat doctrins

So for now i say goodby to the Dark Angels and say hello to the Angels of Dark suggesor Chapter.

Hahahaha!! Yeah, my thinking exactly, saddly.

So, aside from the +1A, and the new range of units available, do we get anything else?

Mainly, do we get the point cost adjustments?

No points adjustment

So we could have a new codex in September or a points adjustment in CA in december

We survived decades of base codexes we can survive a couple of months of wait

P.S.: we get adjustments to profiles of units and weapons too

Edited by Master Sheol

Actually, I think it's rather helpful. We get updated points for some of the new units (including those from shadowspear that were repriced). Aggressors got a major boost, even if we don't get doctrines yet. It's not a new shiny codex, granted, but it's a step in the right direction - and more importantly, since GW decided to confirm (in the part of the PDF where they comment on us not getting doctrines it also says yet) that we will get doctrines alongside BA and SW, we know a new codex is coming. I'm calling it Darktober. Just in time, perhaps, for a run at the danish ETC qualifiers... who knows :P

Im sorry for insisting on this, but seeing the posts I am still confused.

Do we get the point costs as per the Space Marine Updated Codex?

Or do we still follow the point costs of our own Codex, as it is written (with the CA and other FAQs and Updates applied)?

At this point we follow our Codex/ Chapter Approved 2018 points.  Until we get an update (most likely in Chapter Approved) or a new codex that's the way it stays.

Except that in the PDF containing updates and dataslates for the shadowspear units and newer, updated points are listed for the phobos captain for instance.

Except that in the PDF containing updates and dataslates for the shadowspear units and newer, updated points are listed for the phobos captain for instance.

Of course, **slaps forhead**

Why all people is 100% sure that the september WD that Is advertised "Primaris DA" will not bring a new codex and we will have just points adjustment in CA?

Do you really think that GW will not get the chance to sell us a new codex with new DA primaris models?

Unless they're Primaris on Jetbikes or Primaris Terminator-equivalents, I doubt it'd be anything that Dark Angel players would really want.

Why all people is 100% sure that the september WD that Is advertised "Primaris DA" will not bring a new codex and we will have just points adjustment in CA?

Do you really think that GW will not get the chance to sell us a new codex with new DA primaris models?

Unless they're Primaris on Jetbikes or Primaris Terminator-equivalents, I doubt it'd be anything that Dark Angel players would really want.

I think Primaris jet bikes are going to arrive eventually but for this release after a big generic release I doubt we get more than Prime Azzy. Maybe if we have all been really good boys and girls this year we might get Primaris Vets.

Edited by JJD

I'm not sure where I sit with Primaris Azzy. I get it probably is going to happen but I'd like to see more of a slow grudging acceptance, beginning with a lower ranked named character, possibly one we haven't seen a model for (Sapphon?).  Ezekiel could be a candidate too with all the Primaris Librarians he's had to test/train, he probably knows better than most if they can be trusted.

My guess for the next WD is simply a showcase of Primaris models painted as Dark Angels for the codex rerelease, but I wouldn't mind being surprised with TH/SS Aggressors or something. Or maybe they're releasing Primaris grav-bikes and it's going to be the new Ravenwing with Primaris Sammael.

More than new units, we need new rules, though. New chapter tactics, some litanies, doctrines, and stuff

I can say without shadow of a doubt that the Chapter Tactic won't change. Maybe the Deathwing and Ravenwing special rule, but not the Chapter Tactic as it's already in line with how the new codex standardized them so they wouldn't change it. 

I'm not sure where I sit with Primaris Azzy. I get it probably is going to happen but I'd like to see more of a slow grudging acceptance, beginning with a lower ranked named character, possibly one we haven't seen a model for (Sapphon?).  Ezekiel could be a candidate too with all the Primaris Librarians he's had to test/train, he probably knows better than most if they can be trusted.

If Ultramarines are anything to go by it's going to be from top to bottom, meaning starting at the Chapter Master, then head Psyker or big boy Chaplain, then maybe Captains, although those will wait until they have Primaris equivalents of Terminators and grav-bikers.

Sheol, please read my post I have quoted below - I am fairly confident we will get a codex (and soon). But you are right that some prefer to complain instead of looking at the bright side :)

Actually, I think it's rather helpful. We get updated points for some of the new units (including those from shadowspear that were repriced). Aggressors got a major boost, even if we don't get doctrines yet. It's not a new shiny codex, granted, but it's a step in the right direction - and more importantly, since GW decided to confirm (in the part of the PDF where they comment on us not getting doctrines it also says yet) that we will get doctrines alongside BA and SW, we know a new codex is coming. I'm calling it Darktober. Just in time, perhaps, for a run at the danish ETC qualifiers... who knows :tongue.:

Because GW. There will be six further supplemental codexes, *none* of which will be for Dark Angels. Do you actually think they are going to surprise us with something as major as a codex? The focus next month is on, as the White dwarf blurb overtly suggests, Primaris. What we can realistically expect will probably be a repackaged Dark Angels Upgrade pack for Primaris, so two upgrade sprues and two decal sheets for $25 US instead of one upgrade sprue for whatever that pack used to cost. And, of course, some article on how the Dark Angels are further incorporating the untrustworthy Primaris into their ranks, as GW knows they need to put some work into unpainting themselves into a corner with the whole "Chapter Secret" thing with regard to Dark Angels not trusting much of anything Primaris. Note that they don't have to do this with any other Chapter, thus the emphasis on Dark Angels in the next White Dwarf (so I believe). Sewing seeds to open our wallets wider is all it likely will be. Makes too much sense, right? :happy.:  Snowball's chance in hell they pull a Rubicon Primaris Dark Angels named character model out of their butts, like a Primaris Sammael kit with both of his options in it. Oh yes, we're all engorged and tingling with thoughts of that now, aren't we. :teehee:

Because GW. There will be six further supplemental codexes, *none* of which will be for Dark Angels. Do you actually think they are going to surprise us with something as major as a codex? The focus next month is on, as the White dwarf blurb overtly suggests, Primaris. What we can realistically expect will probably be a repackaged Dark Angels Upgrade pack for Primaris, so two upgrade sprues and two decal sheets for $25 US instead of one upgrade sprue for whatever that pack used to cost. And, of course, some article on how the Dark Angels are further incorporating the untrustworthy Primaris into their ranks, as GW knows they need to put some work into unpainting themselves into a corner with the whole "Chapter Secret" thing with regard to Dark Angels not trusting much of anything Primaris. Note that they don't have to do this with any other Chapter, thus the emphasis on Dark Angels in the next White Dwarf (so I believe). Sewing seeds to open our wallets wider is all it likely will be. Makes too much sense, right? :happy.:  Snowball's chance in hell they pull a Rubicon Primaris Dark Angels named character model out of their butts, like a Primaris Sammael kit with both of his options in it. Oh yes, we're all engorged and tingling with thoughts of that now, aren't we. :teehee:

The below is from the GW space marine update from last week (bottom right on the first page listing unit and weapons changes). Please note the "currently does nothing for..." - we will get a codex, they already promised us with that wording. If it will be in september I am far from sure, but I am confident we will get it.

Designer’s Note: The Bolter Discipline ability is described in a previous update, and the Shock Assault ability can be found above. Combat Doctrines is a new ability that is explained in Codex: Space Marines– this ability only works if every unit in your army has it, so currently does nothing for units in Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves or Deathwatch armies (or for armies of any of their successor Chapters).

Snowball's chance in hell they pull a Rubicon Primaris Dark Angels named character model out of their butts, like a Primaris Sammael kit with both of his options in it. Oh yes, we're all engorged and tingling with thoughts of that now, aren't we. :teehee:

Graphic but accurate.

I would honestly be surprised if this isn’t a new DA codex there are just too many new primaris units not included in the current codex.

I also would be surprised if we don’t see a Prime Azzy.

DA may not trust Gullimarine outsiders so rubiconning trusted DA allows us to happily buy/field Primaris marines.

Well that and they seem to be putting out Primaris chaptermasters.

Edited by JJD

Sheol, please read my post I have quoted below - I am fairly confident we will get a codex (and soon). But you are right that some prefer to complain instead of looking at the bright side :)

Yes Sorry some like me still believe in a new DA codex

But majority of people believe not and i don't understand why cause a new codex could give us the boost we need

In War of Secrets novel they explained that while the DA didn't trusted the primaris at first using them as front line troops so they die first in combat (meatshields) now that the DA are able to Rubicon marines to primaris and make their new ones inside the chapter they are starting to trust them a bit more

Azrael made a Primaris Circle to put the more trusty/veteran ones and test them to see if they are worthy

So IMHO we could get some Rubicon characters (Azrael, Ezekiel, Asmodai are the easiest ones cause they are on foot and in PA) and maybe a specific DA Primaris Circle unit(s) ofc alongside a new DA codex

my2cents

Edited by Master Sheol

Azrael wasnt in War of Secrets, the primaris circle was something made by the inner circle officers in the book and would require further authorisation from the highest members of the inner circle.  There wernt any DA produced primaris or rubiconed ones in it, just martian made primaris received from a Gulliamn special delivery.

I'm surprised that anyone's surprised that the Dark Angels aren't included in the new Space Marine codex. It's been this way since forever (also known as 4th edition). It's the unfortunate flipside of having a dedicated codex.

Which, by the way, is a ridiculous tradition to continue, I think, and I think most agree with at this point, unless they do something grand and fantastic with the next codex. Like introduce our own primarch.

The time is ripe for ol' Sleeping Beauty to wake up, and if GW doesn't take the opportunity of the next DA codex to bring back the Lion, they're idiots. Bring back the Lion, and significantly shake up the DA army list.

(Leman Russ, by the way, should also come back to lead the Wolves, and something similar should be done for the Blood Angels, though not the primarch. Two people need to stay dead in 40K: Horus and Sanguinius.)