Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Guest Triszin

The whining about the Space Wolve stuff is getting old. It's almost like Space Wolves players don't even like their own faction. You don't see Blood Angels players whine nearly as much about mentioning of blood, angels, rage and so on.

Or Chaos players complaining they got shafted every release since the 5th(?) edition codex... 

I actually like my Wolf army, they have had better stuff than Chaos since forever, and I'd love Chaos (hell even a sub faction I dont collect) to get the whole hoohaa Wolves got at the end of 7th. Most of my GW gripes are down to bad lore and general writing style and Primaris related, and that has been beaten, revived and beaten to death again so no point in banging on about it here. As for people getting upset if GW kills off one character from a faction someone likes, I have a large square base force here I cant even use let alone one named character. All characters going to Primaris means I cant use them (wont use Primaris ever) with my current armies so they may as well be dead to me anyway. 

BUUUUUUUTTTTT enough doom and gloom, I am actually eager to read Saga of the Beast as Wolves are my main crush loyalist wise and I have loved Orks since 1st ed. I kinda wanna get Ghaz but my loyalties are wiv dem sneeky Gitz in the Bloodaxe Klan and we dont need any ov dem dirty Goffs wiv der Rokk muzik stinkin da place up. 

I really hope we also get the Ork parts of the story this week as well, there's been enough buildup (including this week) at this point. In regards to the SW story earlier today, am I supposed to read that as a reason as to why deathwatch isn't in the book? Or are they mentioning this so deathwatch can swoop in the last minute as a deus ex machina?

so how many books do we think are left, and who will be in them?

im thinking three more after engine war:

A) death guard vs. talons of the emperor - don't know who would get a new model here, both ranges are fairly new and custodes and sisters just got the BL minis

B) deathwatch vs. necrons - DW need to fight the last remaining xenos. could see both factions getting a character, be it the silent king or a new DW character

C) emperors children vs. harlequins/eldar - big finale, introduction of full EC range? or maybe just bile?

are there any factions that i'm missing?

Well, on the community page they previewed a model for 40k. It's a mutated looking fellow pulling gene seed out of a primaris marine's neck. Article says he's the main assistant to "The Spider."

So, I guess I was completely wrong about War of the Spider. Looks like Fabius is going to be involved and probably getting a new model to boot.

Guest Triszin

She rumor said, ec vs eldar in the last book.

Plastic warp spiders and fabius

So that would put custodes vs necrons

If War of the Spider had meant anything other than Fabius Bile I would have been pretty sad.

The third part of his series has him headed to Commorragh, though we've seen Dark Eldar updated already in the Psychic Awakening. Likely Harlequins as an opponent then?

It is now very likely that the Haemonculi with the "human but not" followers seen in the Emperor's Children ship is related to Bile. Still doesn't explain the Emperor's Children fleet acting strange, or "The Illuminator is coming", or all the other mentions, but that one has all the signs of Bile now that he's confirmed.

I can't wait for the practically inevitable Fulgrim cameo in that book. "Hey Fabius my baby boy I'm back from the pleasure planet, come join us for a bit of fun?" "Nah". :D

:cool.: deathwatch vs. necrons - DW need to fight the last remaining xenos. could see both factions getting a character, be it the silent king or a new DW character

I have heard a rumour that Necrons are getting a new Illuminor Szeras. As always take with a hefty pinch of salt.

:cool.: deathwatch vs. necrons - DW need to fight the last remaining xenos. could see both factions getting a character, be it the silent king or a new DW character

I have heard a rumour that Necrons are getting a new Illuminor Szeras. As always take with a hefty pinch of salt.

I've heard this one too a fair amount, would line up with the "Illuminator is coming" line imo

Guest Triszin
Unless its bile vs necrons, with so e scheme for fulgrum to transition easier to and from the warp using his Clone?

I've heard this one too a fair amount, would line up with the "Illuminator is coming" line imo

That line came from an Emperor's Children ship, it's about Fulgrim, "The Illuminator" is one of his (many) titles. It also mentions a "grand canvas" and an "endless carnival of sensation". I don't think Szeras cares much for art and pleasure.

I've seen some hopes getting up online about an EC codex because of Fabius but between his status as a pariah in his own Legion as well as his focus on his New Man project (basically to push humanity to a higher level of existence by any means necessary) I don't see it.

Honestly I suspect we won't see any codexes drop until June at the soonest and depending on new faction rumors we could be seeing something new or something Ork drop first.

I'm starting to cross my fingers for a Catachan vs Ork starter but I know that's wishlisty as heck.

Edited by Fulkes

Catachans would be off the scale level of awesome for me. Vs orks would be great. I was wondering about this rumoured small scale army release rumour. Catachans with their jungle fighting rules/shenanigans would fit the pattern.

If fabius enters the webway I wonder if the custodes/silent sisters could be an opponent for them? There was a hint about expanded rules for them.

It is now very likely that the Haemonculi with the "human but not" followers seen in the Emperor's Children ship is related to Bile. Still doesn't explain the Emperor's Children fleet acting strange, or "The Illuminator is coming", or all the other mentions, but that one has all the signs of Bile now that he's confirmed.

I can't wait for the practically inevitable Fulgrim cameo in that book. "Hey Fabius my baby boy I'm back from the pleasure planet, come join us for a bit of fun?" "Nah". :biggrin.:

The "human but not" stuff has been known to be a Vect plot since Phoenix Rising. Nothing to do with Fabius.

The "human but not" stuff has been known to be a Vect plot since Phoenix Rising. Nothing to do with Fabius.

Really? What was it then? And was there a reason for them to be on an Emperor's Children ship?

Vect had his haemonculi devise a way to turn Drukhari into almost exact copies of humans, and started using it both as a way to punish people, and also to seed misinformation into Imperial worlds/forces. A drukhari spy will give itself away from appearance alone. A spy fleshcrafted into being human? Well, you could fill the vital crew of an enemy ship with these without much difficulty, and then have them sabotage it at the opportune moment. Basically, it's the fluff explanation for the Agents of Vect stratagem.

It's described in the "Ghodri Falsehood" insert in the Dark Eldar fluff section. Relevant parts below:

The Prophets of Flesh, those who studied under the demented flesh-sculptor Urien Rakarth, had devised a new punishment - to take a transgressor and reshape them, melding their mortal clay until they looked, walked, and even smelt like a human being. All Drukhari found this horrifying, for to them a human form was ungainly and ape-like, a cruel mockery of a biped in comparison to the lithe and alabaster-skinned Aeldari anatomy. This was a horrific punishment for a people so vain and haughty as the Drukhari, and those subjected to the treatment cried out that they would do anything at all to have it reversed. In these 'false humans', Vect saw opportunity - one so twisted and sadistic that Urien Rakarth agreed to orchestrate it on his behalf.

It then goes on to describe the Drukhari successfully attacking a meeting of the Ynnari with the Alaitoc representatives by seeding these false humans into the Imperial Guard of that planet, and having them influence the Imperial response.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion