Time to Reassess? SW's to get an FAQ Soon; Maybe Supplement?

Reivers have S4 and no AP with knives :sad.:

hmm i must have misread the book i swore they had a stratagem that gave them +1S AP-1. bah.

It's the assault doctrine, no?

Something we don't get

Not to be a Debby Downer, but I second Tigurius on this.

When we brainstorm we come up with great ideas to make our chapter awesome and well balanced.

GW does not brainstorm before making a codex. Period. Full stop. And even if they did they would still come up with different ideas from what we would end up thinking we needed.

This will inevitably lead to disappointment.

Better by far, IMHO, to wait with low expectations, and be pleasantly surprised.

If theres 4 more months of supplement releases than even if we got a WD rules article let alone new codex we'd be waiting about 6 months Id say

Outside chance they do the 3 non codex codices in December 2 years after Angels ones were released

Id be more hopeful of chapter approved for litanies/ doctrines and also a lot of points decreases eg dreadnought weapons, wolf claws, wolf guard pack leaders esp terminator, named characters, rune priests, scout bikers, beasts

Our codex is so new I just can't see us getting a new one or supplement any time soon... Even a WD article seems unlikely to me. I'm modelling Thunderhammers on all my Intercessor Pack Leaders though, worst case they're used as Power Fists.

The way they've bought out the Primaris stuff it was always going to become messy at some point, unfortunately we're just bottom of the pile. At some point soon a Primaris release will come out that's codex only and then the Angels and Wolves might get their own units after that, that'll be messy as well. I also suspect for us Wulfen will just get the Primaris keyword and that will be our unique unit!

Either that or the non codex chapters will just be rolled back up a la Black Templars. Less books so less money to be made there though, and that's been talked about lots elsewhere.

For now just enjoy the little boosts and keep hopes low. I don't think personally things are all that bad at the moment (friendly meta here though).

Our codex is so new I just can't see us getting a new one or supplement any time soon... Even a WD article seems unlikely to me. I'm modelling Thunderhammers on all my Intercessor Pack Leaders though, worst case they're used as Power Fists.

The way they've bought out the Primaris stuff it was always going to become messy at some point, unfortunately we're just bottom of the pile. At some point soon a Primaris release will come out that's codex only and then the Angels and Wolves might get their own units after that, that'll be messy as well. I also suspect for us Wulfen will just get the Primaris keyword and that will be our unique unit!

Either that or the non codex chapters will just be rolled back up a la Black Templars. Less books so less money to be made there though, and that's been talked about lots elsewhere.

For now just enjoy the little boosts and keep hopes low. I don't think personally things are all that bad at the moment (friendly meta here though).

While it is new, it has never been patched or updated.

And like grey knights, patching us won't fix us. They only way to fix wolves and grey knights are through a new codex.

I'm waiting for Nova to see if they preview DA, and that will be what I base my expections on. I'm not worried about the codex being super competitive, I really just want more fluff on successor chapters and how primaris fit in. Granted I think shock assault and the buffs we picked up are a big help. 

That said I don't think wishlisting would hurt, I've posted on alot of fixing marine threads and alot of the new rules are really close to some of the suggestions that posters made on this forum. I think our biggest gripe when the codex came out was that they knew marines stunk and then made us wait for a codex that was designed along side them, and basically didn't work on it (they added better warlord traits via pdf) so maybe they will learn from that. 

In addition I don't think it matters when our book was released if they know we need a new one. The only reason to hold off is for new models.

IM all for speculation and wishlisting, I think its healthy and I think GW does read forums like this one. will it have an immediate effect? no, but it might down the road.

I say if anyone wants to speculate/wishlist on a 2.0 dex go into the 2.0 speculation thread and post away!

Edited by Triszin

Yeah FLG said anything from Knights onwards was too late for CA

Robin Cruddance said on Voxcast too that it takes 9 months from them to finish writing a codex/book for it to be on sale

My grievance is the original Saga of the Wolfkin warlord trait was way better before they changed them all :)

Edited by Dark Shepherd