Bringing the Omnissiah to the Underhive

Trokair

My local playgroup has recently decided to get into Necromunda. We are still in the early stages of working out what exactly we want to do, and what gangs we all want to play. My two preferences are Enforcers and Van Saar.

Collectively we are thinking of sticking to the main gangs for now and do the expansions (and therefore Enforces) later time after we have done a campaign or two from the main rule book and we are all more familiar with the rules.

However one of the others was also thinking of going Van Saar as well.

So as to have distinct gangs I though why not use a box of Skitarii as count as Van Saar, at least it will be visually distinct. With the in universe explanation being that a Magos has sent some of his Skitarii into the underhive to seek some Archeotech.

So what is a good way to kit out a Van Saar gang initially, and then later as it expands?

Also what would be a good count as for the various Van Saar options in the Skitarii box? I do have a lot of other AdMech bits, so can pull pistols from Sicarian and heavy weapons from Kataphron

Very cool idea! The AdMech tech could easily play the same role as the rad effects for Van Saar: weird weapon effects on others, but they themselves are immune. And some Mechanicum overlord sending a team to search for Archeotech (or "field-testing" some weapons, or bringing in "volunteers" for experiments) works great from a background point of view.

The Ranger/Vanguard box seems to have you covered for a lot of weapon and wargear options already. Just decide which of the regular guns is the lasgun and which is the las carbine. For other weapons (including counts-as options) you can be as creative as you want - just be consistent. And I suggest providing a reference sheet for yourself and your opponent to avoid confusion.

The one bit you might have to trade is the actual Van Saar power shield, since the AdMech does not provide anything suitable (unless you convert).

I can not provide a lot of useful guidance to building your list, just keep it varied in weapons and do not be "That Guy". Van Saar are better at shooting than all other gangs, and Necromunda is a shooting game - so Van Saar can easily dominate. If min/maxed, Van Saar are just broken, and unfun to play against.

Given the name I think the Radium Carbine should count as the Las Carbine which would leave the Galvanic Rifle as the Lasgun.

The Plasma Caliver will obviously be a Plasma Gun. Any suggestions for the Arc Rifle/Arc Pistol and the Arquebus.

For the shield, I actually bought the Secutarii Hoplites upgrade pack for bits for my Stromcast/AdMech/Space Wolf conversion project, so can use one of those shields. Though if I can get my hands on the clear see-through shield I might just do that anyway.

Given the name I think the Radium Carbine should count as the Las Carbine which would leave the Galvanic Rifle as the Lasgun.

The Plasma Caliver will obviously be a Plasma Gun. Any suggestions for the Arc Rifle/Arc Pistol and the Arquebus.

For the shield, I actually bought the Secutarii Hoplites upgrade pack for bits for my Stromcast/AdMech/Space Wolf conversion project, so can use one of those shields. Though if I can get my hands on the clear see-through shield I might just do that anyway.

You can get the Van Saar shields on Forge World for a pack of 4 open with 1 closed.

I'd say the Arquebus could be a sniper rifle (if Van Saar get those?).

Beats me for the Arc Rifle/Pistol though.

• 2 months later...