While waiting Raven Guard sprue

DreamIsCollapsing

All good on the supplement and shrike and the upgrade sprue , the lack of dice is meh...i never buy GW's dice...too expensive :dry.:  oh and those hilariously stupid bare heads ... is this payback for us teasing Pedro Kantor all those years ago about his disco pose :biggrin.: 

Mithril 

As much as I actually like bareheaded Shrike , I find myself equally disliking the bareheads on the sprue. I'd buy it for the beakies and feather doo dads but the shoulder pads won't work for me either so I'm passing on the sprue.

Codex, Supplement and a couple Impulsors first . Then we will see if we can DIY something Corax would approve of ;)

I'm sad there hasn't been any news concerning the Raptors and Carcharodon

I went on a long winded rant in N&R but I'll keep it short here.

Forgeworld had a perfected design of the raven guard symbol; gw should have recycled the cad design instead of doing their own. Added too much detail and lost the sharp edges that made it menacing (to me at least).

I like shrikes head; it's an unkempt, grown out version of an actual haircut you can imagine (and probably have seen) someone having. You've never seen a haircut that can grow into the other bare head's. Also the first one looks like his hair is tucked under his bionics.

I agree I do prefer the less stylised shoulder pads but presumably they're gonna be a lot cheaper than FW resin so can complain too much and at least matches shrike. I wish there was some Phobos pattern ones too.

The heads... I wish they were more like the supplement cover. However I think they'll look better than the studio painting once people have them.

I actually just had an idea to make the shoulder pads more palatable (for me, at least)

Since they match Shrike's pads, the guys wearing those pads are the Veterans in Shrike's personal guard. Basically, the guys wearing them will only see the table if Shrike himself is in my list and the Warlord.

Still disappointed we didn't get a close combat weapon. I'd have been happy with an RG themed power sword or chainsword.

Edited by Claws and Effect

I actually just had an idea to make the shoulder pads more palatable (for me, at least)

Since they match Shrike's pads, the guys wearing those pads are the Veterans in Shrike's personal guard. Basically, the guys wearing them will only see the table if Shrike himself is in my list and the Warlord.

Still disappointed we didn't get a close combat weapon. I'd have been happy with an RG themed power sword or chainsword.

Don't you know? We are a shooting army now...just like every other marine chapter....except Blood Angels and Wolves. :teehee:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm positivly sure there is a "Close combat primaris" pack, like we got the "sneaky primaris" pack with shadowspear. Just be patient, primaris are a relativly new army. 

For those who dislike the look of the Avatar/Matrix "not a dreadnought", Pop goes the monkey just got a new Raven guard front plate. 

I'm positivly sure there is a "Close combat primaris" pack, like we got the "sneaky primaris" pack with shadowspear. Just be patient, primaris are a relativly new army. 

For those who dislike the look of the Avatar/Matrix "not a dreadnought", Pop goes the monkey just got a new Raven guard front plate. 

We definitely will get a CC-Chamber (to use an AoS term) for Primaris. What is nice is now that the supplement is out and we can see the full contents, its clear the book is full of Strategems/WL Traits/Psychic Powers that will support a strong CC presence. When we finally do get Omnis/Phobos/Tacticus Jump Pack CC troops, Raven Guard will be well equipped to get use out of them, for sure.

He didn't say codex chapters, just chapters. When you consider the "big 4" - Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and Ultramarines - they have more custom units than you can shake a stick at.

I choose to believe that if the Supplement/Upgrade Sprue/Primaris Character release was strong, we can expect upgrade "kits" to future releases to make chapter-specific versions - or at least I hope.

I'm thankful that we finally have a little representation as a First Founding chapter beyond a small handful of rules. Being Raven Guard in particular, it feels like there have been a lot of tidbits lately that would indicate we may get more time in the limelight as well in the near future (#CoraxIsComing)

Not sure why you're bringing the snarky attitude in here about a comment I made.

Black Templars, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, and Ultramarines all have their own unique units or versions of units. Most of those chapters have multiple named characters to further add uniqueness to them.

I understand that it would be unreasonable to expect every chapter to get the attention the UM get but I don't see anything wrong with each chapter getting their own unit that adds a touch of flavor.

. . . .

Being Raven Guard in particular, it feels like there have been a lot of tidbits lately that would indicate we may get more time in the limelight as well in the near future (#CoraxIsComing)

Stealing ^this^ :)