Drop pod deployment in buildings

angrom

Hi All,

I guess with the new updated drop pods we will see a lot more of these kinder eggs.

I was wondering if it is possible to deploy models in a building on multiple levels coming out of a drop pod? (obviously the drop pod will be on the ground floor next to the building terrain ).

I'm asking that because if I remember correctly coming out of a vehicle says "models have to be deployed within 3"

So is it working like an Aura effect and then can they be deployed on different building level as long as they are within a 3" radius regardless of the height ?

or is it also considering the height as a distance? 

This is one go those RAW vs RAI. RAI it's pretty obvious it's not possible, if you open the doors you obviously disembark on the ground. You would then be able to walk up into the ruins after disembarking. RAW it might be possible if you can be in the ruin and within 3 inches of the pod (this might actually prove difficult because of the teardrop shape of the pod).

I personally will run the RAI way, since it makes more sense to me.

This is one go those RAW vs RAI. RAI it's pretty obvious it's not possible, if you open the doors you obviously disembark on the ground. You would then be able to walk up into the ruins after disembarking. RAW it might be possible if you can be in the ruin and within 3 inches of the pod (this might actually prove difficult because of the teardrop shape of the pod).

I personally will run the RAI way, since it makes more sense to me.

If you opoen the doors in an X shape from outside the building, you might be able to get in on the ground floor. 

Man if I had my way you could deep strike right ontop of a unit without being able to be screened out. You just move them backwards/away and you smash them with Bolters. And every pod would come standard with turn of drop hurricane Bolter array shots.