Bolter Fusillades

Vorenus

The wording of the Successor Chapter Tactic entitled Bolter Fusillades has me a little confused.  The Tactic states, "When resolving an attack made with a bolt weapon (pg. 166) by a model with this tactic, re-roll a hit roll of 1."  My confusion is with the word "a" in the second clause.  Does the word "a" mean that you only get to re-roll a single hit?  Say a Marine fires a boltgun and is within 12" so gets to fire 2 shots.  Say that both shots roll 1s.  Does the Marine only get to re-roll one of the two shots?  Or does he re-roll both of the shots?  I tried to find the answer to this online but was unsuccessful.

Each time you fire your weapon you make X number of attacks. In the situation you describe, you are making 2 shooting attacks. Each attack is resolved alone- the rule applies to both shots. Fast dice rolling is useful for speed but does not change the wording of the rules.

Captain Marsh is correct on this but to add on to it for clarity, When making a attack you are theoretically suppose to roll each attack one at a time, but we often combine shots together under the fast rolling rules. When taking this in mind the wording makes since.

Each time you fire your weapon you make X number of attacks. In the situation you describe, you are making 2 shooting attacks. Each attack is resolved alone- the rule applies to both shots. Fast dice rolling is useful for speed but does not change the wording of the rules.

Captain Marsh is correct on this but to add on to it for clarity, When making a attack you are theoretically suppose to roll each attack one at a time, but we often combine shots together under the fast rolling rules. When taking this in mind the wording makes since.

I have nothing to contribute except that I just noticed our profile pictures are the same lol