Speculation about New Characters

Colour me surprised, with that Nova announcement, there goes my thoughts that there weren't going to be a primaris model for each chapter. Now I think about it, it really would be a waste for them to NOT have primaris models for each of them. I wonder what they'll do for the imperial fists...

It'll be great if they make a Pedro Kantor model as Primaris - and possibly a little annoying to me as I've been converting one out of Calgar!

My bet is that we’ll see at least one Primaris model for each chapter. In most cases I expect they’ll just convert existing characters to Primaris, rather than create new ones. The new Iron hands guy is because they never had a character before but the ultramarine, white scar and now raven guard guys are all copied across.

The new characters aren’t necessarily going to be chapter masters, as Khan isn’t. So if they do Lysander there’s no reason to expect he’ll be promoted – unless the current chapter master gets killed in the psychic awakening.

I don’t think there’ll be more than one character per chapter, with the possible exception of Black Templars. The Emperor’s Champion seems needed, as well as Helbrecht. I’d be pretty surprised if Grimaldus made it across because the servitors would be a hassle to re-sculpt.

I don’t know what will happen for Space Wolves and so on. Wolves have recently had a lot of their characters re-sculpted but that didn’t include Ragnar. Blood Angels could well get Dante and/or Mephiston. Azrael is still finecast too. It seems logical that GW will want to eventually get rid of the finecast models from their ranges, and it would make sense to re-sculpt these characters as Primaris at that point.

As unlikely as it would be, I really hope one of the chapter specific characters is someone interred in a dreadnought due to complications from crossing the rubicon primaris. There aren't enough dreadnought characters IMO and we need to see some of these upgrades gone awry. Not sure if any one candidate would be more likely than anyone else though. 

Out of the characters known so far, the IH one has the most interesting implications because I'd assume his arrival means that primaris techmarines aren't far behind. One could argue the same for someone like Shrike and primaris jumppack CC units but that feels like a bigger release that they would've teased with the vanguard/phobos release.

If someone like He'stan gets a release then my glimmer of hope that the rumoured Hellfuries are real, and armed with meltas, will glow just a bit stronger..

As unlikely as it would be, I really hope one of the chapter specific characters is someone interred in a dreadnought due to complications from crossing the rubicon primaris. There aren't enough dreadnought characters IMO and we need to see some of these upgrades gone awry. Not sure if any one candidate would be more likely than anyone else though. 

Out of the characters known so far, the IH one has the most interesting implications because I'd assume his arrival means that primaris techmarines aren't far behind. One could argue the same for someone like Shrike and primaris jumppack CC units but that feels like a bigger release that they would've teased with the vanguard/phobos release.

If someone like He'stan gets a release then my glimmer of hope that the rumoured Hellfuries are real, and armed with meltas, will glow just a bit stronger..

Now I'm just imagining a new venerable pattern Redemptor with He'stan interred inside, with a new primaris pattern melta lance/flamestorm cannon, bedecked in dragon scales and much bling, and I feel like I will be disappointed by anything else.