New Project

Rob P

Hi all

I'm picking up Space Marines soon but I'm a little torn between picking a named chapter and a custom chapter (let's face it, I'll have one of each at some point!)

The custom chapter I've been working the concept up for is the Sons of Maurya. They will either be flame coloured (in the lore they ritually apply something to their armour before combat which alights so that they're aflame. Or i might just have that for first company and do a flame orange yellow contrasted with a strong light blue, horizontally split.

I want to do the om symbol as the chapter symbol. Is that culturally insensitive?

It's not a knew chapter but the details aren't ironed out. They had an incident in the past where their haste caused an avoidable planet death. This led to the chapter master entering into sus-an membrane induced meditation to contemplate the philosophy of action and inaction. During this time the chapter declined calls for help on more than one occasion including the Badab muster. When the chapter master came out of the trance he councelled inaction forthwith as all action leads to suffering. He eventually got couped-out after many in command, seeing their would-be enemies smashing near systems up, could stand by and let it happen. There was a bit of internal fighting and the, then, chapter master was put into a sus-an coma (to be awoken at a time of need King Arthur style).

Since then the chapter has struggled with its identity.

I currently get a Word Bearers after Monarchia vibe.

There is no obvious chaos taint but they are really going to extreme lengths to show their loyalty after having abandoned their duty in recent history and consequently having suspicion fall on them.

I'd love to have Ashen Circle as counts-as in there somewhere.

They wouldn't have a particular leaning towards certain units or strategies.

I'm not sure which chapter, if any, to base them on. Think i need to have more thought on how they fight. Any thoughts or suggestions?