Index Traitoris: Oblivion Hunters (Updated 11/21/19)

Aothaine

*** WORK IN PROGRESS ***

Generic Notes: Will be updating in the future. Better writing, story building etc.

- The Oblivion Hunters started as 5th company from the loyalist chapter of the White Scars. A great hunt was issued and Captain Ganbaatar was chosen to lead 5th company in this hunt as the huntmaster. This happened in M36.792. The White Scars have written in the books that 5th company had been destroyed during the hunt under the command of an unknown Inquisitor.

- They were not aware at the time but they were assigned to hunt down an Inquisitor by another corrupted Inquisitor. 

- Fell to the Chaos God of Khorne over the course of their great hunt

- They now travel from battlefield to battlefield in the name of Khorne. The herald, Chaos Lord Ganbaatar, acquired an ancient personal teleporter that was modified to open portals to other worlds allowing for quick movement of troops. This is how the band races around the galaxy. It randomly opens a rhino sized portal to different locations when activated and Chaos Lord Ganbaatar and his followers go in. Constantly in a elevated state of awareness of their surroundings and the need for battle they are oblivious to the greater picture and goings-on in the galaxy. They hunt. They maim. They claim glory in the name of Khorne.

- One of the more interesting teleports happened when it opened a portal into a space hulk. Sounds from the warp infused engines still echo in the halls of the hulk to this day.

- Inquisitor Jay'van is the corrupted Inquisitor that started the false hunt for the Inquisitor Layn who is still alive and hunting Inquisitor Jay'van. Inquisitor Layn has had a series of narrow escapes and has only lived at the cost of millions of Imperium lives as he has been cursed by Tzeentch after wearing an ancient amulet. Inquisitor Layn is now stuck time-jumping every 24 hours and also appears in random locations across the galaxy. Inquisitor Jay'van is now a daemon-prince of Tzeentch.

- The Oblivion Hunters always ride into combat on their bikes. As the entire company is always on the move they are unable to recruit new members. This has led to the company almost becoming extinct several times in the past/future. But the strange thing is just as the last of them are killed a warp event is triggered and their hunt begins anew. This has a very powerful affect on the morale of enemies that have just defeated them as they wake to the nightmarish noises a few days later of the companies' warp engine noises.

- They have been known to appear on battlefields, shatter a flank, and then immediately re-enter their portal to another battle. The most known event of this happening was at the fall of Cadia, where they were reported to have attacked multiple areas of the battlefield before disappearing entirely

- The company's teleport will sometimes malfunction and weaken the barriers between reality and the warp allowing Daemon Princes of Khorne to enter the battle field. This has been documented in several of the encounters with them..

- Despite being followers of Khorne the armor of the Oblivion Hunters seems to be resistant to the soaking of blood that is shed in combat and it has been recorded that blood rolls off their armor and blankets the land that they traverse. A report from a deceased inquisitor stated that there are pores on the armor that secrete large quantities of blood and that the armor is coated with a substance that prevents blood from sticking to it. This gives each person the visage of a blood cloak when they are riding into battle and helps them coat the field in blood.

- When killed, the bike and space marine erupt in an explosion of blood. This does not damage anything but it does make a mess.

Pictures:

==============================================================================

Oblivion Hunters

csm.php?bpe=850000&bpj=850000&bp=850000&
The story of the Oblivion Hunters is a cautionary tale only known to a select few in the upper echelons of the Imperium and the leadership of the White Scars. Once being the proud 5th company with banners displaying their lost history of accolades, they have now become a horrific reflection of what they used to represent. M36.792 marks the year of their shame, the year of the Imperium's loss of one of it's finest White Scar companies. It started as most falls to Chaos do, with pride, honor, and rage.

Through the flow of time, Tzeentch guided his minions. Attention set upon the White Scar's 5th company. Why? Most people can guess reasons but rarely are any of them right. This need, this obsession, came from the visions of a young heretic psyker by the name of Kay'van. The younger sisters to then savage hunter Jay'van. Jay'van was born on one of the many death worlds close to the Eye of Terror, Le'shen. Life was hard on Le'shen as it is on any death world and made for strong humans and potential recruits for the Adeptus Astartes. Jay'van was as skilled as any non-human could be with various close combat weapons and was able to bulls-eye targets with a bow from over two-hundred yards away. He was lithe and deadly. A supreme hunter and dedicated tracker of beasts.

When asked about his skill he simply replied that time seemed to slow down when he needed it to. He called it a state of mind, and focus of willpower. Others were able to use this skill of his to a smaller degree but he managed to control it entirely. When the Imperium arrived with plans to setup a forward lookout base of operations on Le'shen, the population was quickly identified as having potential for space marine recruitment. The planet was renamed Savant IV and assigned to one of the newly created chapters to guard the Eye of Terror.

In a matter of months the chapter had setup defenses and started building their chapter monastery using nearby tribes as slaves. Jay'van was marked as un-fit for implantation and sent to work as a laborer on the monastery. It was during this time that Kay'van started having the visions. She would take Jay'van up in the middle of the night with terrified screams and retell her nightmares to her older brother. These stories always revolved around one thing. The new space marines and the demise of Le'shen. The visions showed Kay'van the war to come, and showed her lying lifeless in her brothers arms. 

Jay'van started to build a resistance up. As the will of Tzeentch would have it, hours after the resistance disabled the monastery and forward sensor arrays is when the Thousand Sons attacked. They battered their way through the defenders of mankind over several months. Through this carnage Kay'van's visions came to pass. A unit of the space marines was defending a nearby generator from an assault and through their successful defense, killed Kay'van. Jay'van found his sister shortly after the withdrawal of the Thousand Sons. They had claimed their prize and achieved their goal, the goal set by Tzeentch many years before. This was the spark of anger leading to his ultimate downfall and betrayal of the Imperium, when he caused the fall of an entire company of space marines. 

Survivors of the attack were separated and cleansed. Jay'van became an emotionless blade. The space marines could see it in his eyes. He only reason for survival was the presence of a High Lord Inquisitor that planned to use his skills in his continuing fight against the darkness. It was through this High Lord Inquisitor that Jay'van found himself eventually trained as an Inquisitor himself. His mind focused and the hatred of the space marines shaded and hid beyond the psycho reconditioning of the Imperium. He went on to do the Imperiums work for three more decades, slowly building his plan of attack and redemption. It came to fruition in M36.792. 

He had beguiled the chapter master of the White Scars to approve a hunt for a renegade Inquisitor leading a band of now renegade space marines using the planet Savant IV as their staging ground. The plan had been guided from multiple angles and supported by several sources all of which were guided by Tzeentch. It was nearly the end of M36.792 when 5th Companies' fleet emerged from the warp and unleashed their fury upon the supposed traitors. 

The battles in the stars could be seen from from the planet, something that had put the population at unease. The space marines gathered any that were willing to help defend against their foe. Days after silence was achieved in the stars is when the drop pods came, thunder hawks tore through the skies, and the monastery was laid to waste. It was the death of the space marines chapter master that caused the first rip in time and space and the revelation that the White Scars had just wiped out an entire company of loyal space marines that caused roars of rage and water to boil around the planet. Blood began to rain from the skies and hiss into mist as it touched the ground. At some parts of the planet this happened in reverse. In some areas entire populations had the blood sucked from their body and funneled into the reddening thunder storms, and still others beings of blood and metal emerged from the forming pools of blood. Roars of rage echoed across the planet as it was engulfed in a tidal wave of bloodlust and madness.

It was now decided. The followers that Tzeentch had so carefully planned for were not to be. Khorne had chosen. Khorne had laid claim. Skulls erupted from volcanoes and rivers reversed their flow. Time seemed to stretch while animal and plant-life mutated to the whims of chaos. A war between the gods unfolded on Le'shen. A madness few survived and even fewer ended up being able to recall. Still through all of this Captain Ganbaatar focused his rage on Jay'van. His deceiver. His enemy.

Jay'van's mutation was quick with a powerful explosion of psychic energy as a form within him burst through his human cage. knocking Captain Ganbaatar and many of his brothers to their knees. It was a testament to Ganbaatar's unusual strength, balance and willpower that he remained on his feet. At least that was what was initially thought. As the psychic energy continued to rip out from Jay'van, Ganbaatar found his footing and quickly realized the waves of energy were warping around him harmlessly. Ganbaatar charged with his thunder hammer and crushed the left wing of the newly awakened Daemon Prince. 

The fight between Ganbaatar and Jay'van lasted several minutes. The power of Khorne being fulled every minute by the battle saw to it that the day belonged to him and his followers. Ganbaatar's fall was complete. He had laid low one of the loyalist chapters. He had slaughtered a brother. Shame erupted over him and his remaining company. Though it did not last for long. A vision of the Daemon Prince Jay'van has become flashed before his eyes. This vision has continued to happen time and again as the hunt continued in the name of Khorne. Ganbaatar's only goal becoming the destruction of Jay'van.

After falling to the unfettered bloodlust and fury of Khorne in M36.792, Ganbaatar renamed his remaining followers Oblivion Hunters. They have continued to fight in the ways of the White Scars with rapid assaults and Khorne in the fact that they leave no survivors in their wake. As the battles continued on the red of battle has stained and seeped into the armor he and his brothers wear permanent changing their feet and gauntlets to be a dark red. Their armor grew tiny pores that began to constantly drain their own blood and so they have remained on constant hunts, leaping from one battle to the next. 

08e290a9f8ed7c0ae3d3cee6a01b6a1c-300x219
Captain Ganbaatar as seen on Dannatar VII. M38.426
during the uprising of the Semek Cult in M38.795. He was wielding a whip of chaotic fire that would suck the blood from those it struck leaving bloodless husks in his wake. Edited by Aothaine

Your IT demonstrates good imagination, with original ideas. Where does the blood that "sweats" from the Oblivion Hunters, flow from? Khorne's realm, allowing the Blood God to spread corruption wherever his followers tread? (If it flows from the Hunters' own veins, I suspect they'll bleed to death VERY SOON after arriving on the battlefield, Blood God's blessings be damned.)

Your IT demonstrates good imagination, with original ideas. Where does the blood that "sweats" from the Oblivion Hunters, flow from? Khorne's realm, allowing the Blood God to spread corruption wherever his followers tread? (If it flows from the Hunters' own veins, I suspect they'll bleed to death VERY SOON after arriving on the battlefield, Blood God's blessings be damned.)

Yep the blood comes from the realm of Khorne for sure! Still working on this though. Not quite sure if I want to submit it into the event just yet. :D As per usual Bjorn, I appreciate all the feedback you give!

I really do love the concept of the blood reflecting off the armour in a haemophobic (as opposed to hydrophobic) fashion. You've got a strong base line to build on here, one thing to note, with them descending directly form the White Scars and their desire for hunts of justice, have any White Scars declared a hunt on their wayward kindred and thus failed?

Cambrius

This looks great:thumbsup: The regeneration of the warband is a fine idea and paints a marvelously ghostly image that must fill their victims and enemies with terror and dread. The vision of blood flowing off of them from Khorne's realm is evocative as well. 

You're off to a good start. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Appreciate all the comments btw!

I really do love the concept of the blood reflecting off the armour in a haemophobic (as opposed to hydrophobic) fashion. You've got a strong base line to build on here, one thing to note, with them descending directly form the White Scars and their desire for hunts of justice, have any White Scars declared a hunt on their wayward kindred and thus failed?

Cambrius

Yeah I thought it would be pretty cool. Just need to practice green stuffing blood cloaks on the miniatures flying back in sheets off of them as they race by their foes.

I will keep working on this as I plan on building this force anyway. Would be really cool to get it done in time for LASC 2019.

So, for the badge I'm thinking of using the White Scar transfers but then paint a little on them to make it look like the lightning bolt bleeds like the pores described above. for the blood on the armor I am thinking of using small dots of Tamiya Red. I've see this produce amazing blood effects.

So, for the badge I'm thinking of using the White Scar transfers but then paint a little on them to make it look like the lightning bolt bleeds like the pores described above.

No eight-point Chaos Star or the Mark of Khorne- maybe carved directly into the White Scars symbol, to show the Hunters no longer honor their Primarch?

No eight-point Chaos Star or the Mark of Khorne- maybe carved directly into the White Scars symbol, to show the Hunters no longer honor their Primarch?

Very much a possibility. I could grab the White Scars Primaris Upgrade pack to get the mongol heads and the shoulder pads then scuff them up and carve in the Khorne Symbol into the pad. Could work. I'll have to give it some more thought for sure.

Edit: Found these. https://www.shapeways.com/product/UQGKLRFJ9/khorne-shoulderpads-10x-40k?optionId=99580959&li=marketplace

So I might use these on both shoulders. I'll see if I can place an order next month and see how they fit on the old biker models.

Edited by Aothaine

Colour scheme is nice, I like the idea that they're doomed to hunt eternally as a Chaotic mirror to their former loyal ways. Similar to the story of Orks fighting in the Warp forever by Khorne's whims so the blood always flows. This could be something you can work in to them some more? Perhaps the blood that seeps is from their victims, but should this run out Khorne will instead bleed them (and what terrible fate could await one that runs out..?). Gives them extra impetus to not hang around and go from battle to battle, seeking the blood that Khorne desires!

As for the symbol I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage, they can always be added later. Something like adding some Blood for the Blood God to sculpted White Scar pads or transfers would be easy to do for example. Plus having such a corrupted symbol could be fun to work in as well, as should the White Scars hear of this I'm sure they'd have something to say about it :tongue.:

Perhaps the blood that seeps is from their victims, but should this run out Khorne will instead bleed them (and what terrible fate could await one that runs out..?). Gives them extra impetus to not hang around and go from battle to battle, seeking the blood that Khorne desires!

Good imagination! Let's write fluff of how these corrupted White Scars wield "vampire weapons"- including boltguns firing Warp-empowered ammo- to drain the blood from those they wound. If the blades and boltshells can't drain blood, the hilt/grip will, i.e., the weapons will feed off their own wielders.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Colour scheme is nice, I like the idea that they're doomed to hunt eternally as a Chaotic mirror to their former loyal ways. Similar to the story of Orks fighting in the Warp forever by Khorne's whims so the blood always flows. This could be something you can work in to them some more? Perhaps the blood that seeps is from their victims, but should this run out Khorne will instead bleed them (and what terrible fate could await one that runs out..?). Gives them extra impetus to not hang around and go from battle to battle, seeking the blood that Khorne desires!

As for the symbol I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage, they can always be added later. Something like adding some Blood for the Blood God to sculpted White Scar pads or transfers would be easy to do for example. Plus having such a corrupted symbol could be fun to work in as well, as should the White Scars hear of this I'm sure they'd have something to say about it :tongue.:

Thank you for your response btw! The color scheme came together a little over a year ago. I really like it as well. Kind of took the idea from Tabletop Tactics and their World Eaters. Not sure I like the vampire like aspect of it though. That is more of a Blood Angels thing. This is more about The Hunt and collecting skulls for the Skull Throne. The blood seeping from them is basically the warp from Khorne's realm tainting the area they inhabit. Kind of like how Nurgle spreads rot, these guys warp reality with blood from Khorne's realm and help distort reality so that Daemons and Daemon Princes can have an easier time breaking out into reality.

Also I am still pretty conflicted about the symbol. I know they wouldn't have had time to really scrape off the White Scars symbolism so it should still be there on some of the models for sure. Wondering if I can find a Khorne shoulder Icon that I can glue over the shoulder pad like it was hammered onto the shoulder pad over the White Scars chapter badge. So the White Scars chapter badge would be a transfer, then I would carefully glue the Khorne 3d printed icon over the shoulder after it is completed to give it the look that might work.

Good imagination! Let's write fluff of how these corrupted White Scars wield "vampire weapons"- including boltguns firing Warp-empowered ammo- to drain the blood from those they wound. If the blades and boltshells can't drain blood, the hilt/grip will, i.e., the weapons will ffeedoff their own wielders.

The idea is cool for sure. But vampirism is not really where I want these boys to go. It is all about the hunt and collecting of skulls. I could see this vampirism idea working really good with some fallen Blood Angels though.

Regardless, I really appreciate the brain-storming and ideas! :D

Cambrius

Forgot to respond to your other point lol! I'm not sure. Maybe in the past? The Oblivion Hunters fell to Chaos in M36. The White Scars had thought them wiped out in their hunt. Perhaps stories of them could have chanced upon White Scars' ears but they would have immediately refuted the claim that any of their brothers would have fallen to Chaos, let alone an entire company.

I think the White Scars would be really obstinate about this and until they encountered the Oblivion Hunters they would claim is was falsehood. 

Taking blood doesn't automatically mean vampirism but it's just an idea for the pot. The chapter symbol is easy to do whatever you want with too; when in doubt "the warp did it" :tongue.:

Very true. I'll think on it some more. It does kind of fit in with the theme I've got going so far. Could even build a sweet Daemon Weapon for the Chaos Lord. 

Maybe something like a pair of weapons:

Famine: An ancient Thunder Hammer crafted in Khorne's own forges. Shaped from the soul of the Bloodthirster Akk'baar, this hammer pulls blood from it's surroundings and into itself. It was once placed into an ocean of blood on a world of Khorne's design and drained the ocean within a week. It's thirst is ever present and any that wield it are constantly assaulted with a strong urge to slay and allow it to drink.

Feast: A power axe of legend. Designed during the pre-heresy era it was originally called "Valour" and was wielded by a veteran White Scar. The axe was passed down from brother to brother until it fell into the hands of **Redacted**, Captain of 5th company. (Working on this still)

I like your ideas for Chaos-tainted weapons, but how does a blunt weapon (the thunder hammer) drink blood? To model it, maybe you can mount a Tyranid head directly on the shaft, and state the hammer just opens its mouth and starts biting and swallowing.

The hammer is specifically so I can use that new Chaos Lord with Thunder Hammer model lol! I can green stuff it up though to make it more demonic. But as all things Chaos, it does things at it's own whims. I was initially thinking it just absorbs blood into it and was going to give it a reddish glow instead of the normal blue that is seen in a lot of power weapons. 

While I like the Idea of an endless Wild Hunt of Khorne I feel this needs a little more refinement in how it works. While a demonic teleported sounds good the way the hunt restarts feels like the bloodshed does not matter to the Hunters, just to Khorne. I would like to suggest a more demonic and Khorne way of doing it. How about this:

The relic that Captain Ganbaatar found was a hunting horn. When he sounds it to call the hunt together and ride out it kindles bloodlust in all who here it and it also opens up a wrap portal smoother within a day’s ride. The portal will close after a day so you better reach it quick. The horn compels all who hear it to find the portal and assemble to go through it for the next hunt, but any who hear the call and do not do Khorn proud cannot pass through.

This would keep the company always on the move, seeking the portal and spilling as much blood as they can. As the horn’s call can entice others who hear it, the Oblivion Hunters can potentially gain new members, and equally any member that is not good enough will be left behind when they cannot cross the portal.

While I like the Idea of an endless Wild Hunt of Khorne I feel this needs a little more refinement in how it works. While a demonic teleported sounds good the way the hunt restarts feels like the bloodshed does not matter to the Hunters, just to Khorne. I would like to suggest a more demonic and Khorne way of doing it. How about this:

The relic that Captain Ganbaatar found was a hunting horn. When he sounds it to call the hunt together and ride out it kindles bloodlust in all who here it and it also opens up a wrap portal smoother within a day’s ride. The portal will close after a day so you better reach it quick. The horn compels all who hear it to find the portal and assemble to go through it for the next hunt, but any who hear the call and do not do Khorn proud cannot pass through.

This would keep the company always on the move, seeking the portal and spilling as much blood as they can. As the horn’s call can entice others who hear it, the Oblivion Hunters can potentially gain new members, and equally any member that is not good enough will be left behind when they cannot cross the portal.

An interesting idea. But going that route they can be wiped out. I kind of like my idea of them blowing up into chaos tainted blood blobs that contaminate reality and weaken the barrier between Khorne's realm and reality. The idea behind this army is to allow for three Khorne Daemon Princes to deep strike in on turn 2 to smash what is left from the biker's assault. But I do really like the idea of the horn opening the gateway. I'll use that for sure if that is okay. But I like that they just show up again after the last of them has been killed. It makes it kind of a competition between them to see who lives the longest and kills the most. 

Pretty sure I will not be entering this chapter into the LASC this year though. Still working on a ton of stuff in real life and need to finish my pledge for the Argent Fists as well as the model I'll have to paint when I'm given one of the armies from the submissions. :D

You have good imagination, Trokair.

An interesting idea. But going that route they can be wiped out.

Critical thinking and tactical analysis is strangely all too rare in a company whose main products are tabletop war games (glaring at Games Workshop). I'm glad you don't suffer from the same flaws.

I kind of like my idea of them blowing up into chaos tainted blood blobs that contaminate reality and weaken the barrier between Khorne's realm and reality. The idea behind this army is to allow for three Khorne Daemon Princes to deep strike in on turn 2 to smash what is left from the biker's assault. But I do really like the idea of the horn opening the gateway. I'll use that for sure if that is okay. But I like that they just show up again after the last of them has been killed. It makes it kind of a competition between them to see who lives the longest and kills the most.

You also have good imagination, Aothaine.

Use what you want, we are here to help.

I still feel that there need to be a consequence to not doing well enough. Chaos always has a price, and letting the hunters come back every time just does not sit right in my gut. Competition amongst them to see who is better is all well and good but where is the price of failure? It’s not death, they will just come back.

If you don’t want their number to diminish then make the price for not performing well enough to honour Khorne something else.

Use what you want, we are here to help.

I still feel that there need to be a consequence to not doing well enough. Chaos always has a price, and letting the hunters come back every time just does not sit right in my gut. Competition amongst them to see who is better is all well and good but where is the price of failure? It’s not death, they will just come back.

If you don’t want their number to diminish then make the price for not performing well enough to honour Khorne something else.

Yeah I'll have to think on it. There should be some sort of punishment. Maybe the vanguard of bikers are the favored of Khorne and the rest have to run around on foot?  The idea of them coming back after being defeated was twofold. I don't want their numbers diminished because I don't want them randomly recruiting new marines. These are specifically the remnants of an old White Scars company that was on a hunt. But also there is a kind of horror that spikes in the mortal mind after a brutal battle when you hear the same sounds you heard right before the battle started. The White Scars are locked into an eternal hunt that they will never accomplish and are doomed to continue the battle until they do. They are in a constant state of fighting and never have down time. I just need to figure out the right angle to work on the lore. Still have a lot of work to do with them.

Anyway, looks like they were added to the list so I'll get these guys all done up asap so they are ready by 11/1/2019

Edited by Aothaine

Running on foot however feels counter intuitive, unless you are planning on having some foot slogging models in the army that have to endure the shame of following on foot or ride in metal boxes, then it could work.

Another route, kind of inspired by Bjorn comment, but taken to the other extreme, those who don’t do well enough due to the demonic nature begin to fuse with their bike and eventually in the riders place (who has all fussed with the bike) a Bloodletter gets to control and ride along. Imagine the shame of becoming the mount and not the rider. Equally if the bike fused marine can shake off the Bloodletter, regain control of the bike and somehow kill enough to make Khorne proud the fussing can be reversed (though in true chaos fashion a bit of the marine will always be in the bike and a bit of the bike will stay in the marine).

Edit: Spelling, sorry. 

Edited by Trokair

Maybe the vanguard of bikers are the favored of Khorne and the rest have to run around on foot?

To emphasize how being a biker is a sign of Khorne's favor, maybe you can kitbash Space Marine Biker models into centaur-like mutants?

Trying not to have to do too much kitbashing. That is really expensive. 

Running on foot however feels counter intuitive, unless you are planning on having some foot slogging models in the army that have to endure the shame of following on foot or ride in metal boxes, then it could work.

Another route, kind of inspired by Bjorn comment, but taken to the other extreme, those who don’t do well enough due to the demonic nature begin to fuse with their bike and eventually in the riders place (who has all fussed with the bike) a Bloodletter gets to control and ride along. Imagine the same of becoming the mount and not the rider. Equally if the bike fused marine can shake off the Bloodletter, regain control of the bike and somehow kill enough to make Khorne proud the fussing can be reversed (though in true chaos fashion a bit of the marine will always be in the bike and a bit of the bike will stay in the marine).

Cool idea but not really what I was looking for with my Oblivion Hunters. Originally the idea was that they are not really aware that they are killing for Khorne. Their vision has been changed and their memory warped to think that anyone, other than themselves, are part of the hunt they were sent on originally. But maybe that is a bit too berzerkery. 

Here are key concepts I am not willing to change.

- Primarily a biker force.

- Travels through the warp using a device, battle horn.

- Leaks blood from the realms of Khorne onto the battle field where ever they are tainting reality and weakening the barriers between Khorne's realm and reality. (Blood Cloaks)

- Renegade White Scars company that revives upon death. Similar to how killing Daemons doesn't actually kill them but banishes them back to the realms of Chaos for a time

In game play the army is designed to lock up the enemy until turn 2 when big scary units arrive. But they are sometimes warped into combat with the other factions I am building for Chaos. Chaos Knights & Chaos Daemons. They will have access to predators as well and I'm working on building up a non-biker list using chosen with hammers and chaos lords with hammers. When this is done they will be played as, counts as World Eaters, though as I will have berzerkers as troop choices in rhinos as well.

I am hoping to have the new CSM rule book on the 23rd. So I'll be able to flesh out the lists and get the right points where they need to be. That will help me develop the lore a bit more. 

Something else I should think about is giving them a ship. As they will need down time to repair damage. Perhaps making them come back to life isn't the right way to do this even though I like it a lot. Maybe just having them recruit more people is the way to go. I think maybe a space hulk would work best for them. The ship doesn't need to travel as they just blow their horn to rip teleportation holes through reality.

Maybe the vanguard of bikers are the favored of Khorne and the rest have to run around on foot?

To emphasize how being a biker is a sign of Khorne's favor, maybe you can kitbash Space Marine Biker models into centaur-like mutants?

I understand.

Originally the idea was that they are not really aware that they are killing for Khorne. Their vision has been changed and their memory warped to think that anyone, other than themselves, are part of the hunt they were sent on originally. But maybe that is a bit too berzerkery.

Here are key concepts I am not willing to change.

- Primarily a biker force.

- Travels through the warp using a device, battle horn.

- Leaks blood from the realms of Khorne onto the battle field where ever they are tainting reality and weakening the barriers between Khorne's realm and reality. (Blood Cloaks)

- Renegade White Scars company that revives upon death. Similar to how killing Daemons doesn't actually kill them but banishes them back to the realms of Chaos for a time

Good to see you have focus and a clear idea of what you want this army to be. The "everything AND the kitchen sink" is a problem I see in many IAs- hell, I see them in Games Workshop's canon! (Glares at Matt Ward.)