++ NightWatch WIP Again ++

EnigmaShadow

So because I always seem to spend like 4 years between posts and always lose my threads, Here we go again.

This year has possibly been the most productive since I started playing nearly 20 years ago. So here are some little looks at some of my guys.

First up the deathwatch team: gallery_33709_3244_705468.jpeg

Been doing a few Kill Team games and just to sorta get myself back into the swing figured I'd just do something super easy and have fun, Nothing to special but did a little 5 man kill team of that so there are some of the boys, have a few more to do.

Then I have some what I call "Fasthammer" guys. Nothing fancy, Get them done and enjoy their finished products.

gallery_33709_3244_520704.jpeggallery_33709_3244_546961.jpg

My Dreads for the Nightwatch. Ironhands Successor chapter, Finally these guys have some awesome rules and so I am glad I got these dudes finished so quickly! Only used them a couple of times and I know they're not super amazing. But I still like them.

gallery_33709_3244_87125.jpg

Some Hellblasters I did, I really struggle with their builds on these with their guns :/ As you can see one barrel seems a little lop sided, but I like the guy with the Night Lords head. Looks good.

gallery_33709_3244_74857.jpeggallery_33709_3244_115808.jpeggallery_33709_3244_282723.jpeg

And finally my favourite guys thus far. So gone is my so called "Fasthammer" where I just pump them out, and instead I just sit back and enjoy the painting, trying new things and learning. I know the NMM isn't super great, and I still have alot to learn, and the Marble effect isn't great, but I'm overall really happy with these guys and am enjoying the process.

Hope you all enjoyed my work so far. And let me know what you think/suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

So as per requested, Here is some more painted stuff! I can also put up some WIP images. Fairly happy with the finished mini, was alot of hard work, but very happy overall, thanks to Disruptor_fe404 who convinced me to paint him with my normal colours.

gallery_33709_3244_29549.jpg

gallery_33709_3244_374686.jpg

gallery_33709_3244_399912.jpg

I know the NMM isn't super perfect, I am still learning and I have a fair amount to learn, but it's start at least, I am also happy with how my NMM gold is coming out, so that's a good start, and the Metal is starting to get smoother in terms of transitioning between the colours. But comments are always welcome! Def some down time for a day or two now.

-Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all folks!

So in an attempt to make sure I am actually posting things on here, I figured I'd post some WIP picks of my new Chapter Master I've been working on. Fairly happy with the results thus far.

This is his base, It's a fairly old one from the base sets I got yonks ago, But figured he deserves something interesting.

gallery_33709_3244_272117.jpg

And once I had done his legs I glued him on, didn't want to be struggling with his feet on the base and splash damage with the brush, so some working shots of the NMM gold as I went.

Leg NMM done on front:

gallery_33709_3244_59894.jpg

Then finished up the NMM and pistons and stuff. Starting on the arms now.gallery_33709_3244_537967.jpg

And attached the first arm, but haven't finished it up yet. Waned it on to see the highlights and effects I'll need to do.gallery_33709_3244_979708.jpg

Well hope you like him as much as I do thus far. Nice to have him finally coming along.

Alright folk!

So it has been a nice mini holiday in which I got a fair amount of work done. Felt like I was on a roll with my NMM and then when I cam back I really felt like I struggled :/ So I guess that's just how it goes. But I did do alot of work and still really happy with how it all turned out.

Last WIP of Chapter Master:gallery_33709_3244_139895.jpg

So now I present to you, the finished man, Enrohk Kh

Excellent work on the Nightwatch Chapter Master. I'm glad I'm not the only person to appreciate the concept of "storm weapons" (making storm bolters into combi-weapons by mounting an additional weapon under the twin boltgun barrels). What is the Chapter Master's storm plasmagun's name?

"Sunstorm"? It's a storm bolter with an attached plasmagun, the latter of which has been described as the "sun's fury" in Codex: Space Wolves.

"Trinity's Judgment"? It has three barrels, after all.

Night's End"? "Daybreaker"? "Hammer of Dawn"? (I took the latter name from an orbital weapon in the Gears of War games.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there all,

So took a little time off my normal Night Watch army to work on this Deathwatch marine. Wanted to again hurt myself and do NMM the whole mini, and it's not exactly a small amount of metal to paint. But either way was a fun one to work on. Also managed to do something interesting on the base with my first attempt of some water effects, wanted it to look like there are some ripples in the water. Kinda worked out well? But you can only see it at certain angles, so may have been better to be less subtle. But I still like him.

gallery_33709_3244_211393.jpg

gallery_33709_3244_167966.jpg

gallery_33709_3244_69802.jpg

gallery_33709_3244_148513.jpg

Decided on using a Salamanders shoulder, I usually go for a successor chapter but I was struggling to find one, so I decided these two would be the only first founding in the kill team. So the Salamander, and I have a Blood Angels Frag Cannon to work on at some point. Anyone hope you guys like it, C&C welcome.

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

Apologies for the Seriously lack of posting. But I have done a fair bit of work both in terms of the real world (Finishing my assessments for my new role at work) AND working on this guy!

This is the Terminator Captain I have been working on for a while. Can post some more images when I can get some more and the squad is done. Have 2 more to go for the squad to be finished.

gallery_33709_3244_147882.jpg

And this has been a fair amount of work while I sculpt, Work and make this little guy. Am happy with the Progress thus far. Hope you guys like it, and hopefully its obvious to who it is. But I'm happy thus far.

The Base WIP

gallery_33709_3244_18503.jpeg

Testing the fitting and him on the base:

gallery_33709_3244_10718.jpeg

Test of weapons:

gallery_33709_3244_111188.jpeg

Chest details:

gallery_33709_3244_13804.jpeg

WIP on base, Fairly happy with how it's coming out thus far.

gallery_33709_3244_176817.jpeg

gallery_33709_3244_424204.jpg

I'd like to know more about the jade/green marble statue... :wub:

Very nice painting all around!

Thankyou! What would you like to know?

Colour: I used a fair bit of different colours, Lots of green mixes, black with whites for the cracks as well as a few very light glazes with brown. There is an awesome tutorial on Youtube from Painting Buddah where they do a White/Grey marble foe Horus and I sorta copied that and looked at references online until it started to look as realistic as I wanted. I think by the time I put the figure on, will prob cover it up, so glad people are liking it!

Statue: it’s just from one of the boxed sets, a friend of mine had it and so I did a Resin copy so I could just use the one here. Fairly happy with how it looks though!

C&C are welcome though!