The return of templates

Kaldoth

I honestly have to completely disagree with everything in this post (well except for "templates improve the thematic element and immersion of the game"). However that's a topic that's been argued so many times already I don't feel like going into details as of why and how I disagree. The topic is kinda argued to death already and while you complain about an internet echo chamber you don't realise that this is just another form of an internet echo chamber that probably won't change anything anyway.

Well there’s nothing I can do about you disagreeing. With respect, I don’t really mind - you’re not the one I’m trying to convince here - I’m just hoping long-term GW sees enough pro-template sentiment to do something about it. Be that reintroducing them in 9th Ed or making a 40k Advanced ruleset.

Plus, whoever says it doesn't add much time hasn't seen the time drain of a player exactingly measuring out the 2" maximum distance between each and every one of their 100+ Boyz/gaunts.

Playing Hormagaunt/Termagant swarm when your most common opponent plays Guard because They Make Big Bombs, yes I know exactly what it’s like. And what it’s like is... not that bad.

Plus, whoever says it doesn't add much time hasn't seen the time drain of a player exactingly measuring out the 2" maximum distance between each and every one of their 100+ Boyz/gaunts.

I have ran Nids, Guard, Orks and Lost and the Damned horde armies over the years, and played against them, never had a problem. Although that might be due to my opponents being decend people and not ass hats. Again it all boils down to the type of people you play with.