TTS - Where to start?

Morticon

I have played games a few times through TTS, even went so far as to assemble and save my own tables pulling features I liked from other files. Ultimately it is a no-go for me. My biggest issues:

Moving and measuring can take a long time, even when both people are helping to move single units. Measuring is, with how the ruler interacts with the terrain features, somewhat tedious at times. If you're someone who needs accuracy in that you may find yourself frustrated.

The sheer amount of time it takes to play, and how terribly sideways it can go if any issues with a player's internet connection arise. I am convinced this is why they included a "flip the table" feature.

That being said, there is a fair bit of content available if you search for it in the Steam Workshop. I ended up doing general searches for keywords/tags and staring down the pages for content, be it armies, tables, or terrain, to find what I needed. You can open the contents of the files you download and put what you like into "bags" that can then be loaded into other games for play. The walkthroughs I found the few years back I tried it out were quite dated as well (likely the same ones) but still relevant. You can play games alone to familiarize yourself with the way the system works but having it open to toy with is sort of critical for the process.

Edited by NTaW