Can Havocs take Special Weapons?

So... I'm thinking of picking up some MK V "Heresy" armor and some Legion Plasma Guns off of Forge World to make Havocs. Old Codex: CSM says they can take Special weapons, Battlescribe says they can't. I don't have the new version of Codex: CSM. Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Only on the Aspiring Champion. If you want Special Weapon spam, you have to use Chosen.

Havocs are always 5-man, with heavy weapons only (barring the Aspiring Champ)

Edited by Gederas

So... I'm thinking of picking up some MK V "Heresy" armor and some Legion Plasma Guns off of Forge World to make Havocs. Old Codex: CSM says they can take Special weapons, Battlescribe says they can't. I don't have the new version of Codex: CSM. Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Only on the Aspiring Champion. If you want Special Weapon spam, you have to use Chosen.

That's lame. Thanks for the info.

Well, except now they're Toughness 5 and ignore penalties to moving and firing heavy weapons. Which isn't lame.

Well, except now they're Toughness 5 and ignore penalties to moving and firing heavy weapons. Which isn't lame.

Whaaaaaat? So they're actually different from regular Chaos Marines now?

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Whaaaaaat? So they're actually different from regular Chaos Marines now?

Yes. Also, they're on 40mm bases too, and a bit bulkier than regular Chaos Marines too :lol:

The move and fire aspect is good. I don't think T5 does much for them, since they're 1 wound models, and S3 only needs 5's to wound them. The durability of toughness doesn't offset the loss of squadmates. But the move fire? That's definitely a big bonus.

If you can stomach putting them in a Rhino, it may be worth it.

The move and fire aspect is good. I don't think T5 does much for them, since they're 1 wound models, and S3 only needs 5's to wound them. The durability of toughness doesn't offset the loss of squadmates. But the move fire? That's definitely a big bonus.

Or using devastation battery, if you won't be using rhino's. At least then they can do some work with punishing volley. Either way, rhino or dev battery is only a temp stay of execution, I would rather have the extra 5 wounds from he meat shields regardless. 

Or using devastation battery, if you won't be using rhino's. At least then they can do some work with punishing volley. Either way, rhino or dev battery is only a temp stay of execution, I would rather have the extra 5 wounds from he meat shields regardless. 

Yea, it's really strange what they did with Havocs.

I've got a bunch of the new ones, but I never really finished putting them together. The chainguns seemed like default choice, but I dunno. I think autocannons probably are atm, which is really, genuinely, quite weird, considering that x4 Autocannons sitting at max range desperately trying to stop the incoming wave of invulnerable Primaris just seems... like a bit of a waste in terms of their points and potential. The chaincannons are incredible if you've got the range. But yea, Havocs have become a one shot unit if you run them in their most "effective" form. Which is to run up, unleash the storm, and then die the death you've earned.

I think it would be a better use of a rhino for x4 plasma x1 combi plasma chosen units, x2 in one rhino than x2 havocs in a rhino.

Yep, run them up, overcharge plasma into Primaris lines. If you know you're against non-Primaris, maybe Chain Havocs instead, but yea a full volley of 20 overcharged plasma shots into a Primaris unit could take out a full squad. But again, there is always that other problem... which is you better make the first volley count, as the Marines will delete you next turn lol

I think it would be a better use of a rhino for x4 plasma x1 combi plasma chosen units, x2 in one rhino than x2 havocs in a rhino.

Yep, run them up, overcharge plasma into Primaris lines. If you know you're against non-Primaris, maybe Chain Havocs instead, but yea a full volley of 20 overcharged plasma shots into a Primaris unit could take out a full squad. But again, there is always that other problem... which is you better make the first volley count, as the Marines will delete you next turn lol

My guys are already silver, so am happy to shout WITNESS ME as I drive over and over charge that plasma lol.