Resilient Captain in phobos

Daigo Cannon

I don't believe my idea is competitive, but it will be fun for causal game. After reviewing the Obscuration Discipline I noticed we can combo a Phobos Librarian and a Capatain in Phobos Armor in the following way 

Librarian with Shrouding: 

Shrouding has a warp charge value of 6. If manifested, select one friendly <CHAPTER> PHOBOS unit within 18" of this psyker. Until the start of your next Psychic phase, enemy models can only shoot that unit if it is the closest target that is visible to them or they are firing Overwatch.  

So combining this with a Captain in Phobos Armor in the best case scenario it will buy me 1 full turn of shooting in the worst it will die on the first volley. So here are some ideas on how to make him more resilent to shooting, any comment or help are welcome

Save Power armor: 3+

Iron Halo: 4++

Camo cloak: +1 to cover save

WLT Vanguard Stealth Adept: Attacks against this warlord subtract 1 from hit rolls 

WLT Iron resolve: +1 wound and FNP 6+++

Relic Ghost weaver cloak: Phobos model with camo cloak, substract 1 from the wound roll.

Optional** Stratagem Transhuman Physiology: Until end of phase, unmodified wound rolls of 1-3 always fail

So far we have in cover a 2+/4++/6+++ saves, -1 to hit and -1 to wound

Just for the price of Warlod, + extra WLT (-1 CP) and a Relic

Options as Raven guard:

CT Shadow Masters: When resolving an attack made with a ranged weapon against a unit with this tactic by a model that is more than 12" away, that unit is treated as having the benefit of cover to its saving throw, and if that unit is not a VEHICLEand is entirely on or within a terrain feature, subtract 1 from the hit roll.

Relic The armor of Shadows:  Ignores AP 1, unmodified hit rolls of 1,2,3 always fail.

Stratagems See, but Remain Unseen (1 CP) – Use at the end of your turn. Select 1 RAVEN GUARD unit from your army that did not make any attacks during your turn.  Until the start of your next turn, enemies attacking this unit get -1 to their To Hit rolls

Changing the ghost weaver cloak for The armor of shadows, this add another -1 to hit(-2 with stratagem), assuming we use the stratagem and we are in cover this is a -3 to hit, with 1,2,3 failing but we loose the -1 to wound roll.

• 2+/4++/6+++, -3 to hit
  • Not sure if my math is correct but it will be something like this: BS 4+ is nullified, BS 3+ hitting on 6's and BS 2+ hitting on 5+ 

Options as Iron Hand:

CT Flesh is Weak: FNP 6+++

Relic Gorgon´s Chain: Same effect as Armor os shadows.

Relic Aegis of Ferrum: PRIMARIS model only. Add 1 to the Toughness characteristic of a model with this Relic. When resolving an attack made against that model, reduce any damage inflicted by 1, to a minimum of 1. Note: I will not take this but it is an option

WLT All flesh is Weakness: FNP improved to 5+

• 2+/4++/5+++, -1 to hit, -1 to wound

Options as Salamander:

WLT Miraculous Constitution: When the warlord would lose a wound, roll a D6. On a 6, they don’t lose the wound. Also, at the start of your Movement phase, your warlord regains 1 lost wound

WLT Forge Master: Your Warlord gets +2 Toughness

Relic The Salamander’s Mantle: Attacks against this model subtract 1 from their wound rolls

Relic Promethean Plate: When resolving an attack against a model with this relic, unmodified wound rolls of 1, 2, or 3 always fail
Psychic Fire Shield: Pick a friendly SALAMANDERS unit within 18″ of the psyker. Until the start of your next psychic phase, enemies attacking that unit with ranged weapons subtract 1 from their hit rolls. In addition (holy crap there’s more?), units that declare a charge against the shielded unit subtract 1 from their rolls

Psychic Drake Skin: Pick a friendly SALAMANDERS unit within 12″. Until the start of your next Psychic phase, add 1 to the Toughness characteristic of models in that unit.

Ho boy I see we have options with the Salamanders, we can get another -1 to hit thanks to Fire Shield with no sacrifce.

Options improve our to T6 with Forge Father instead of FNP 6+++ from Iron resolve.  Not sure if Promethean plate is a better option here

• With Fire Shield and Forge Father: 2+/4++ T6, -2 to hit, -1 to wound 
  • With Fire Shield, Forge Father and Promethean Plate: 2+/4++ T6, -2 to hit, (S6+) 4+ to wound
    With Fire shield, Iron Resolve and Promethean Plate: 2+/4++/6+++, -2 to hit, (S4+) 4+ to wound

Let me know your thoughts on this and who you believe will be more resilent. Of course you need to go first to apply the Psyquic power, but you can hide him out of LOS

Edited by Daigo Cannon

I don't get the combo. He is a character and already have the same protection as shrouding. Unless he is in a cluster of characters. Or am I missing something?

Is see shrouding being used on a squad or vehicle to be able to hide behind a screen.

Ya i think the power has been mis-interpreted. It will allow you to chose a infiltrator squad and give them character protections, bust casting it on a phobos captian would simply give him a buff he already had.  

The best case i can see for the power is casting it on a squad holding a objective and forcing your opponent to shoot at other units