Warhammer Crime

grailkeeper

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

At this stage it would perhaps be useful for GW/BL to have a suggested reading order for those hoping to get into crime.  So far I have read Wraight’s original novel (Bloodline?  I can’t remember the name now) and the first Baggit audio drama, but I’m a bit lost on what I should now be reading to continue the journey is an overall storyline is developing.  

There’s no overarching storyline. The Vorbis conspiracy has some short stories that tie in with the various novels, as do previous anthologies, but you could pick up any of the novels and read them without a problem. 

Publication order is the way to go. You get the prequel and sequel shorts on time in the anthologies that way, too. Apart from that, just going with the novels, and considering Vorbis one, works well enough as-is.

It's less about ongoing narratives, and more about overlapping elements in how Varangantua is fleshed out as a setting. You'll start recognizing districts, gang names, tools of the trade and such, but it's not like, say, the Heresy, where you have to have read a certain thing that seems on the surface unrelated to actually get a B-plot from the novel you actually want to go for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no idea if this is accurate, but could the Bloodlines protagonist (Agusto Zidarov) be a 

Spoiler

Genestealer Hybrid (option 1) due to his religious practices and his wound?  The other option might be Slaanesh cult (option 2) due to the snakeness. But no memory of the wound draws a parallel to the ending of the first of Sandy Mitchell's Cain books (the first mission with Amberley Vail).  Personally I hope for option 1, but it could be what the cult says it is (option 3)

Anyway what are your thoughts on options 1, 2 & 3? (Sorry mods if this should've been a new topic!)

59 minutes ago, SlickSamos said:

I have no idea if this is accurate, but could the Bloodlines protagonist (Agusto Zidarov) be a 

Hide contents

Genestealer Hybrid (option 1) due to his religious practices and his wound?  The other option might be Slaanesh cult (option 2) due to the snakeness. But no memory of the wound draws a parallel to the ending of the first of Sandy Mitchell's Cain books (the first mission with Amberley Vail).  Personally I hope for option 1, but it could be what the cult says it is (option 3)

Anyway what are your thoughts on options 1, 2 & 3? (Sorry mods if this should've been a new topic!)

I am leaning into option 1 myself