Black Templar Warlord Trait Tactica

Medjugorje

You know what to do, when you play TSons.

Add to that an Lt with witchseekerbolts and a Stalker bolt rifle...

Thinking of that: if I use with Seeker bolts. Can I target the sorcerors in TSons Infantry squads?

It has to be a character unit

So would it be possible to have a Phobos army and have 2 Warlords (with the Hero of the Chapter stratagem), one with Frontline Commander and another with Master of the Vanguard, to have an army that has +2" to advance/charge? Im not sure how viable this would be but it seems like a neat combo and would alleviate the weakness an infiltrating list has by not having the first turn as you can deploy more conservatively and still reach the enemy.

I was just browsing the Codex and noticed the Master of the Vanguard strat, and started pondering the same. With our reroll you need some back luck with dice to not succeed from 9". Of course, depending on how the enemy deploys - especially if he deploys after you - you might not get to deploy at a close enough range from an enemy unit even factoring in movement. You could of course put them in a drop pod, but that then makes the infiltration ability useless.

Not a bad idea, just keep in mind that Primaris can't go in pods

Yeah, brainfarted there for a bit. It's hard not to sometimes, considering the ridiculousness of said limitation :P

Of course, for me the biggest problem in employing this tactic is not even having any Phobos units, or Primaris in general for my Templars.

Not that there's many good phobos cc units in general, the combo seems too cumbersome to make proper use of.

Reivers and Incursors are decent. Reivers are mathematically slightly better than Incursors but Incursors have concealed positions which is much better than deep strike imo. Plus they can get 1st turn assault doctrine with the crusader helm nearby, something the Reivers can't do.

Main problem is the lack of actual weapons, just hitting with S4/5 D1 doesn't carry all that far.

That's a good point about the Assault Doctrine though, a Phobos Lieutenant with the WT and Helm might swing them into actually being a decent choice.

Main problem is the lack of actual weapons, just hitting with S4/5 D1 doesn't carry all that far.

That's a good point about the Assault Doctrine though, a Phobos Lieutenant with the WT and Helm might swing them into actually being a decent choice.

A full 10 man will do 7.5 wounds to meq with no other buffs. Not bad for a unit with no pw.

Add in things like the captains rerolls or Grimaldus or Helbrecht and they can get scary quick.

Also keep in mind that you don't need them to murder the unit on the charge. You really want them killing it on your opponents turn.

I know that this is the wrong topic for discussions of competitive balance, but there was a time when killing lots of meq was great but those days are past. I'm iffy of putting a lot of points into an unit that fails to threaten the actual threats of todays meta.

At any rate, the combo is quite possible and quite powerful too, but it lacks units that would make it a GREAT combo.

Reivers and Incursors are decent. Reivers are mathematically slightly better than Incursors but Incursors have concealed positions which is much better than deep strike imo. Plus they can get 1st turn assault doctrine with the crusader helm nearby, something the Reivers can't do.

In my mind the important thing about the comparison would be that Incursors are troops, so if you're going for a CC list for Phobos you don't need to fill troop slots with something else.

Edited by tvih