Militarum Tempestus Scions codex/Inquisition?

TorvaldTheMild

Who else would love to see a Scions codex?  I would, partly because we don't really have a sub-faction and they are awesome but also they could have the Inquisition keyword and could be used as a Inquisition army, which you'd have to say would be extremely cool.  Also Guard could still keep the units they have of Scions like how the traitor codex's have access to some daemons.

Does the current Codex: Astra Militarum allow players to represent a pure Tempestus Scions army similar to that which was possible in 7th edition?

If the answer to the above is "yes," what stops a player from using the latest Inquisition rules with such an army?

Ultimately, more codices means that players have to spend more money. If a player can take a portion of a codex to represent something, that's much better than needing a separate codex to do the same thing.

I'd prefer a stand along Inquistion codex.  The reason being is that if you add everything to the Inquistion codex, they will have to cap the amount of units you get.  The way I'd love the Inquisition codex to work would be a codex of Inquisition only units.  Though then you get tonnes of units from other codex's that have the Inquisition keyword which can be used and battle forged.  Though to stop the soupness, you only get a battleforged Inquisition army if you use all from the same army, like Inquisition + Sisters of battle or Inquisition plus Scions or Inquisition plus GK's etc.  That means you can use a lots of units from say the guard codex but you can still mix and match units from lots of Imperial armies but its not battleforged.

A stand alone Inquisition codex is a different issue, and one for the Agents of the Imperium forum. In fact, your topic, or perhaps this new one, would be the appropriate place to discuss that issue.

A pure Tempestus Scions codex such as you've posited in this topic wouldn't achieve what you've just suggested. It would simply muddy the waters further.

Since this is really about the Inquisition, I'm closing this topic so that we can discuss the issue in the appropriate forum.