Inquisition in Nov WD

Charlo

Preview tag for next months WD says the Inq is incoming!

Wild Speculation go!

However no new models will be coming I bet but hopefully a better way to implement the Inq units into imperial armies...

Sisters of Silence have ZERO relics/ traits/ strats so it fills me with dread for the Inq.

Oh and I think Acolytes may be going (no models!) unless they do something really rad and promote some kitbashing, or it'll just become based on the... Guard kit?

We'll also probably lose the Malleus Inq in terminator armour as no model exists - really the only Inquisitor models available from GW currently are:

• Coteaz
  • Greyfax
  • Karamazov
  • Eisenhorn
  • Inferno Pistol, Power Sword (and hat!)
  • Combi-melta & Power Sword
  • Bolt Pistol & Power Sword

Then the rest of the range is literally:

• Jokaero - probably not long for this world
  • Crusaders - no doubt to be covered in the Sisters book?
  • "Warrior Acolyte" - a dude with a book and Brazier, again he'll probably go soon.

The daemonhosts are gone too!

Valrak  has  a video about this but I cant see. At work.

So dunno the info he might have.

Personally the rumoured Inquisition KT should be released, and their rules applied for 40k.

40k wise, Tempestus Scions should be used as Inq Stormtroopers option, and with Authority of Inquisition keyword.

Ordo xenos wirh DW troops

Malleus with GK troops

Hereticus with Sisters troops

What Inq really needs is plastic models, so they can have rules aswell.

But yeah might be like the SoS update.

Edited by Sete

Well Index: Imperium 2 is out of print ... so GW have just put the SoS (and in Nov the INQ) in to WD so they are still in print... then at the end of the year they will put them in to CA'19... then they can still be run in official tournaments.

So I expect 0 updates or changes to whats in the Index

Probably KT as mentioned? Otherwise I can't see much hope for some decent attention being given without models.

The Inquisition are terribly limited currently, GW needs to open them up. At the least there needs to be less restriction on the Inquisitors themselves, and more options - let them be the eclectic mix they're supposed to be. I can see how a Witch Hunters approach would appeal, but sadly I can't see that happening with how GW are framing 8th :confused:

Hope for the best; expect the worst...

I'm hopeful but doubtful, particularly after the Sisters of Silence article did absolutely nothing for them (heck, even gave them a minor nerf.)

I'm pretty sure GW is just releasing these as a way to justify getting Index Imperium 2 out of print while addressing the concerns with X factions not having rules. I'll pick it up, because I actually play inquisition and need rules, but I'm not expecting anything but pain and disappointment.

Valrak  has  a video about this but I cant see. At work.

So dunno the info he might have.

Personally the rumoured Inquisition KT should be released, and their rules applied for 40k.

40k wise, Tempestus Scions should be used as Inq Stormtroopers option, and with Authority of Inquisition keyword.

Ordo xenos wirh DW troops

Malleus with GK troops

Hereticus with Sisters troops

What Inq really needs is plastic models, so they can have rules aswell.

But yeah might be like the SoS update.

As with most of Valraks first news videos, its a headline and nothing else.

I don't agree on mixing the chamber millitant into the army now really, all three of those are very much their own organisations and a power unto themselves. Yes, they have close allies in the Inquisition and such but its more an Inquisitor should be with them, not the other way around.

I'd love to see the Inquisition in Kill Team. I don't think that the Inquisition is out of place in Warhammer 40,000, but I see them best as something you add on (potentially with an eclectic warband) to an existing IMPERIUM army. Ultimately, I'd love to see the Inquisition given full glory via a [small] codex or a revisitation of the Codex: Agents of the Imperium concept (with a lot of small add-ons rather than full army lists). A dedicated codex would allow for a lot of lore, whereas the Agents concept would allow for lots of different options for players.

As others have said, I don't see the November WD article updating the Inquisition so much as preserving the faction (with the index book providing less and less appeal since other codices have been released or will be released soon). Like others, I'm hopeful for a few tweaks to bring things in line with post-index codex changes, but I'm not holding my breath on that account. Nevertheless, the inclusion of the Inquisition in the Nov WD means that issue will be a "must have" for me. :cool.:

I can't believe the SoS is so bad! Nothing? 

Anyway, I still content the Psychic Awakening is the perfect vehicle for the Inquisition; heck, the narrator of the videos is an Inquisitor!

Parallel releases - SoS, Inquisition, Sisters of Battle, all hitting at the same time!

The other thing to keep in mind: speculation is that the Sisters Box set in November will be the only thing released in November, with a bigger wave 2 release of the multi-part kits, individual boxes and other vehicles, and possibly even new units. 

The Imperial Agents and their role in Psychic Awakening may be timed with this second wave.

The only thing I would like to see is being able to take an inquisitor as an HQ for most imperial armies.  Like Yvraine, visarch, and the yncarne, can be taken in any eldar/dark eldar group even without making them Ynnari.  I just want to be able to take an Inquisitor to lead my Scions or to oversee my deathwatch... right now its way to much of a pain to make it work.  Don't care about getting any strategems or even point adjustments, not that I would complain if they got improved... but I just want to be able to do what thematically I should be able to do without doing double back flips through rules hoops.

Edited by GrinNfool

I’d like two ways of taking Inquisition: an “Inquisitorial Mandate”, that allows one Inquisitor (+/- one Acolyte squad and a dedicated transport) to be included in an Imperium detachment without detriment to keywords, and an “Inquisition Taskforce” detachment keyword , that allows you to build a proper Inquisition brigade, should you wish.

Obviously, that would need a rejig of the current battlefield roles and several units to gain the Inquisition keyword. I’m thinking Scions and Crusaders as troops, DCAs and Arcoflagellants as fast attack and Servitors and Land Raiders in heavy support. Add Valkyries as flyers and Chimeras, Rhinos and Immolators (maybe Taurox Primes?) as dedicated transports. Acolytes I’d like to see as small squads of mini-characters with more options (including psykers, medicaes, tech-priests, ecclesiarchy priests).

I’d then want an option to add a limited number of appropriate Chamber Militant units (maybe creating an “Inquisitorial Taskforce” keyword to help cohesion?). I’d also quite like to see the option of adding one “Talons” unit (Custodian guard, Sisters of Silence or an Officio Assassinorum operative, plus a DT where appropriate) to an Inquisition Taskforce detachment.

I’d like two ways of taking Inquisition: an “Inquisitorial Mandate”, that allows one Inquisitor (+/- one Acolyte squad and a dedicated transport) to be included in an Imperium detachment without detriment to keywords, and an “Inquisition Taskforce” detachment keyword , that allows you to build a proper Inquisition brigade, should you wish.

Obviously, that would need a rejig of the current battlefield roles and several units to gain the Inquisition keyword. I’m thinking Scions and Crusaders as troops, DCAs and Arcoflagellants as fast attack and Servitors and Land Raiders in heavy support. Add Valkyries as flyers and Chimeras, Rhinos and Immolators (maybe Taurox Primes?) as dedicated transports. Acolytes I’d like to see as small squads of mini-characters with more options (including psykers, medicaes, tech-priests, ecclesiarchy priests).

I’d then want an option to add a limited number of appropriate Chamber Militant units (maybe creating an “Inquisitorial Taskforce” keyword to help cohesion?). I’d also quite like to see the option of adding one “Talons” unit (Custodian guard, Sisters of Silence or an Officio Assassinorum operative, plus a DT where appropriate) to an Inquisition Taskforce detachment.

CHimeras & rhions I agree as they are common vehicles... the immolator how ever is locked to the Sisters of Battle...

My idea was to allow INQs to be added to any IMPERIUM with a new keyword that allows them to take over as the warlord should your warlord be killed (and only they count for things like slay the warlord :p).  Plus if you had an INQ in the detachment then they could add a unit or two of either their Chamber Militant OR INQ Stormtroopers

INQ stormtroopers should be a proper troops choice for them at least. And INQ HQs should be able to fit into their chamber militant detachments without issue. Simplest way is to add say a rule for ORDO MALLEUS INQUISITOR to be included in a GREY  KNIGHTS detachment even in matched play games.

INQ stormtroopers should be a proper troops choice for them at least. And INQ HQs should be able to fit into their chamber militant detachments without issue. Simplest way is to add say a rule for ORDO MALLEUS INQUISITOR to be included in a GREY  KNIGHTS detachment even in matched play games.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/352380-inquisition-post-ca-2018/?p=5217388

... I think we've had this conversation a couple of times before.....

so who was saying GW listen to what the forums say :p

I would be ok if they follow what they did for assassins. For a CP you can add an =][= to your force, no new detachment.

Also please make Arbites a option.

Wouldn't be happy with that honestly, as thats how you can get an inquisitor already, and they aren't functionally like assassins where you can pick an appropriate target.  They should just be an HQ option for any imperial army unless they intend to flesh out inquisition to be a real faction, pretty sure thats not going to happen though.  If not any faction then certainly for tempestus, DW, Sisters, and GK.  The spend a CP solves nothing for getting inquisitors in a list without some serious rules improvements.

Edited by GrinNfool

What I don't get is how something like Geller pox infected (?) can get slotted in 40k but no proper Inquisition. Its a joke.

Yes to this and all the mini dexes they've released. Now I'm not against the mini dexes at all I think they're great. Inquisition just need the same, no actually better, treatment.

Edited by brother_b

related... I asked in the SoB feed back why didnt they put an Ordos Hereticus Inquisitor in as a 0-1 HQ, cant be the only HQ in a formation in to the AS codex...

I also asked if they could do a LoW data sheet that is 3-5 Hereticus Inquisitors (ability to swap 1 for Greyfax & 1 for Kazimov)  :p