Gaming Clubs

(To the Moderati: if this does not belong here. I firmly apologise)

Hail Brethren,

Due to a recent restructuring of my role at work, I will have some more time on my hands and a need to get out of the house. I am therefore looking to help my LGS to build and manage a 40k gaming club.

I started this thread to be able to share information in the greatest 40k community online. I would like to know of your experiences, both good and bad, so that I can prepare myself for this upcoming challenge. I also hope this resource can help others here on the BnC.

For starters, what we have:

Fully stocked store.

2 dedicated wargame tables and room for 2-3 more.

Interested store owner.

Easily accessible by public transportation and close to a popular highway.

No other wargame/40k stores nearby.

My initial plans would be to get in touch with everyone who frequents the store for 40k and leave them with a pamphlet explaining that we want to get a game club started, an email to contact me about interest and questions and a survey link to allow people to let us know of their availabilities. This will be to round up members and set up a regular game night.

That being said...thoughts?

-DR

Sounds like a great idea, wish there was something like that near me. Maybe start off with a few casual games just to determine the types of people involved. Maybe try to establish the competitive players from the laid back guys/gals, as nothing will ruin it quicker the power gamers dominating the whole thing. If you get enough people maybe look at mini campaigns, I'm sure if you contacted GW they would help out or give advice, a bit like the school leagues they help organise.

Anyway best of luck and let us know how you get on.