RG List Feedback needed

The_Last_Walrus

Hey lads, I recently got back into 40k after about 10 years of doing nothing. Just made a 2,000 point list using the models I have available and was hoping to get some feed back. It's not a competitive list, my buddies and I just go for fluffy fun stuff but at the same time I don't want it to be :cusse.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard

+ HQ +

Kayvaan Shrike : Warlord

Lieutenants in Phobos Armor
. Lieutenant in Phobos Armour: Ex Tenebris
. . Occulus Bolt Carbine and Bolt Pistol: Grav-chute, Master-crafted occulus bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad : 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Incursor Squad : 4x Incursor, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad : Bolt rifle, Veteran Intercessors
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad : 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Invictor Tactical Warsuit : Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Vanguard Veteran Squad : Jump Pack
. Space Marine Veteran: Power fist, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. Space Marine Veteran: 2x Chainsword
. Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Librarian : 2) Might of Heroes, 3) Null Zone, Bolt pistol, Force sword, Jump Pack

Librarian in Phobos Armour : 2) Enveloping Darkness, 4) Shadowstep, Camo cloak, Force sword

+ Troops +

Scout Squad
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

Scout Squad
. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

Scout Squad
. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

+ Elites +

Centurion Assault Squad
. Centurion: Hurricane bolter
. . Flamers: 2x Flamer
. Centurion Sergeant: Hurricane bolter

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ HQ +

Chaplain : 6. Canticle of Hate, Jump Pack, Litany of Hate, Power fist

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

Eliminator Squad
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

Hellblaster Squad : Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Plasma pistol

I’m curious, since it’s not a competitive list, what kind of feed back you would like to hear? Thematic, or maybe about units that suit your play style? How do you see yourself getting the biggest kick out of playing like?

If the Vanguard Veterans are already assembled you might be in a bit of a bind, but I would take the storm shields off the Sergeant and Power fist guys and give them to the ones with Chainswords. Anything with a Storm Shield eats the wounds that squad takes first, so I it's probably best to keep the guys holding them as cheap as possible. 

They're not assembled yet so changing the storm shields won't be an issue, thanks :happy.:

I guess I just want a list that won't cause me to lose all the time, so I guess maybe semi-competitive but thematic, because we're mostly going for a role playing thing. In terms of play style I'm going for a shooty + strike from the shadows sorta thing. So the units that can't deepstrike or have concealed position will provide fire support for those that do and they'll deploy during Turn 2 with the Centurions with the Strike from the Shadows stratagem. The Chaplain will stay with the Centurions to make sure that they will make their charge. That's my basic plan.  

They're not assembled yet so changing the storm shields won't be an issue, thanks :happy.:

Great.

The other thing I would say is to try beefing up your anti-armor firepower. Eliminators with Lasfusils might be one way. Maybe you could also throw a missile launcher on some of the Scout Squads. 

Perfect, so I got rid of the hellblasters, added a third unit of eliminators with lasfusils and instigator bolt carbine, made 2 of the scout squads have sniper rifles and a missile launcher each (felt that this was more in tune with the fluff) and added a 6th Vanguard Vet with a storm shield and power sword. 

Thanks again for helping a noob out.

If you're hurting for anti armor you could swap the flamers on the Centurions for melta guns. Has the added benefit of being able to fire all its weapons from 12" instead of 8", so you won't lose half their firepower when they deep Strike via SFTS.

What are your thoughts on maxing out those Intercessors and adding haywire mines to the incursors? l think units like that would be enjoyable esp making a big unit of Intercessors vets and dropping them in mid game near the chaplain. They could shoot one unit and charge another while your incursors dig in cover to hold an objective and use the “booby trap” stratagem as a deterrent. IMO you would get more fun out of the haywire mines over scouts with missile launchers. Desperate late games you could pop smoke hug cover and use the -1 to stratagem to hold onto those incursor squads that give you a total of negative three to hit! LOL! Just food for thought, this book seems CP intensive at times. I think it’s hard to not have fun with this codex there are just so many tools. Edited by Entry1

Was just at Gigabites this weekend. The consensus among marine players is the Deredeo Dreadnought. I am loathe to get one myself, but difficult to argue with how it performs on the table vs its point cost. Kind of feels like pay to win.

Also, if you want to keep on with the Mines/Traps theme, get a unit of Scout Bikers. They are fast, loaded for bear (twin Bolter, Shotgun, and combat knife), and Bolt Pistols (the sergeant can swap his for a Storm Bolter for an obscene amount of dakka. They are T5 with a 4+ and 2W each. They also have a 1CP stratagem that allows them to deal d3 Mortal wounds to a unit after they fall back. Also, those Shotguns are S5 at 6 inches, and AP-1 during Tactical Doctrine.

Edited by Jacques Corbin